There are players on play.nemegaming.com

The Undeniable Truth About OpFactions As a Whole

Discussion in 'OP Factions Discussion' started by Defts//Nar, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defts//Nar

Defts//Nar
    Veteran

OpFactions has changed. Many things have been changed in favor of the players, but there are also many things that changed that does not work in the favor of the players. I think I have figured out how OpFactions could reach its peak again.

*DISCLAIMER: THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BE USED TO PROVOKE HATE TOWARDS THE NEMESIS GAMING NETWORK. THIS IS MERELY AN OVERHAULED SUGGESTIONS THREAD.*

NemeGaming clearly tries its best to work in favor of the players. They have added features to OpFactions such as the ability to grind xp levels to convert into tokens! :) However, there has been some changes made that the players thought they had wanted, but actually did not, resulting in changes that caused many to quit. This is not Neme's fault nor the players faults. These things were just mistakes all around.

NemeGaming's most popular season of OpFactions started in late October of 2016. This season caused many old players to come back into play, as well as many of the new players we all know and love today! There were also many players that were influential that quit after the server changed after this season. I will highlight why this season was great as well as why people wanted it to change, but why it would be nearly perfect now.

According to a well-known player in the community that is currently banned, cannons will likely cost a lot of money to fix because they are currently broken. I feel as though this situation should be made public to the community, as they could make a donation solely for the purpose of fixing cannons (Like a GoFundMe or sorts). This would help the next reset to come and would help OpFactions thrive.

During this season, I recall roughly 28 ces. I'm 90% sure that 18 were purchasable at /warp ce (such as Rage), while another 10 were exclusives to certain items (Such as the DopeMe axes Slowness III ce). This allowed PvP to be more dynamic during this season which brought more players. There were many ce-reliant strategies to kill people, trap people, etc. that were used during this season because of this, making things a little bit more interesting in the WarZone. This brought about more action and some 500 iq Factions plays to be made! :)

The CEs from this season unintentionally made the season a combination of both PotPvP and Gapple PvP. This actually effected the season VERY positively, as it brought about players from both the PotionPvP community, as well as players from the Gapple PvP community. After the fact that Instant Health II was beneficial was helpful, many players such as simkonge and L33T appeared in the community. I'm pretty sure that wasn't a coincidence. As already stated, CEs made PvP this season more dynamic. This is a very good example of that happening.

During this season, ces were WAAAAAAAY more Op. An example of this is Rage X was available combined with high levels of Vampire and Ramming that season, while now there is a cap of Rage III, no Vampire as of now, and no Ramming either. This caused weapons to kill extremely quickly in the past, yet they weren't "too Op" as many people argued, as there were ways to counter the mass amounts of damage you took, with Instant Health II potions, Resistance II potions, etc. People having OP weapons like this that season caused much more action in PvP because having godly weapons made them less reluctant to drop down into PvP. On top of this, during this time, donor kits (such as bedrock donor) could be used as daily kits during this time, while kits like DopeMe continued to be weekly kits. This caused much more people to jump down into PvP with their donor kits because they knew they always could use the kit again the next day. Going back to ces, many people complained about the ces system being to OP as a whole because the only way to obtain tokens was voting. Now, this issue is fixed, as you can now obtain tokens through grinding. If a season like this was implemented however, I believe the max level of Inquisitive should be increased.

Axes need fixed in general. Serrated Strikes needs nerfed.

/warp PvPArena (Now /warp PvP) used to be more flat. I think this is pretty self-explainatory.

Going back to player-base and player-count, people were more active during this season because there was a lot of PvP, as well as a competitive /f top. People could grind, then PvP, then grind again and go back-and-forth. Now, it seems as though grinding has taken over completely and PvP isn't that common on Factions as a whole anymore. Many known/influential players are a result of this factions season I've been referring too. These players include TheRapists members (simkonge, Cakke_, VarieRose, etc.), Adjure, loopey, L33T, VapingOnYourGirl, and many more! Even some names you haven't heard of on OpFactions PvP PvPed too! Many staff such as PolarPlus, Rasturize, WillyCm, BigFatTurkey, and more PvPed a lot and were active during this season! :) During this season, there were three PvP teams decent in size that were constantly fighting that spiced up PvP as well. This was probably thanks to the cockiness that people would experience after obtaining an Op Weapon.

Also, bring back FuriousPvP duels and tournaments. We all loved them! We would love to see them implemented into either OpFactions (since FuriousPvP was factions) or KitPvP! :) Thanks in advance! :D

Let's not forget Rose... Bows were also used in PvP during this season (and were actually very good)! :D *cough* @WhiteThornRose *cough*

Most of the people that I know who played during this season (including myself), refer to this season as the "good times" of OpFactions. I feel as though that this season would be just as great, but 10 times more successful with some of the new features added to Factions. I feel if a season came back for next season many players would come back to play again. The only issue is, there needs to be some kind of reward added for TopKills along with a better BoostCheck plugin so that people PvP for the reward similarly to how PvP grind /f top for the reward as of now. We cannot deny that that was the best season of Factions EVER. I will be adding more to this thread as time goes on, I just want to get the word out there in-time for staff to take these into consideration while creating the new season of factions.

:)~Let me know your thoughts down below~:)
    :)~I will be adding more to this thread... I just wanted to get it out as soon as possible~ :)
    I believe someone should make a similar thread about OpPrison as well because they have had a similar case around the same time. @Cakke_ would probably be perfect for the job ;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Myzzelf

Myzzelf Staff Member Mod

Woah. I really like this post,clear well made and not just insulting peoples and staff for glitches.I never really played facs,but Ive been on neme for a long time now,and I do remember the 2016 season. I think the server needs to go ahead trying to implement things,but some features should definitly be brought back,for facs but also with all the server
    *Cough cough ranks on creative*
    Great post and great ideas Man ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DrAwesome821

DrAwesome821
    Veteran

basically make opfactions into furiouspvp 11.0, problem solved

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Bryan5866

Bryan5866
    Veteran

FACTS!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 10, 2018 ---
    We can solve all these problems with a few fixes
    1. Remove God Apples And Put In PotionPvP
    2. Remove Custom Enchants
    3. Remove Obby Breaking just make it Glitching
    4. Add BacK FPTournaments and FpDuels And Staff Vs Player FactionS wars and BOOM $$$$ COMING FOR GUARAV1234

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Veteran

Furious died for a reason, I don't want to be mean but because of its concoction of how you could play the game it died. Bringing it back is not smart. I do support PotPvP WITH CEs however. It's a higher skill level and one with a high skill level can quickie people.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 10, 2018 ---
    IMO, they should reset it ASAP, apologise for the shortcomings and lack of promised features, axes and CEs. All one time purchased items should be refunded upon the reset and they start afresh from what happened this reset, in terms of support it's worse than last.

No axe fix, you can't raid, no vampire fix, no coinlfips, '''''more''''' CEs, game breaking glitches I used to raid, mob stacker spawning mobs 200 blocks away from the spawners and blowing up my base, and lots of other shit. They need to stop, take a new start and turn over a new page for factions. Without herbal/superior alts the player base is smaller than at the end of last reset!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ToastedNuggets

ToastedNuggets Staff Member Community Manager ISAAC BART ELI

Lmao. Yessss, I don't know to much about Fpvp but I have heard some things. <3

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. DrAwesome821

DrAwesome821
    Veteran

it died because the people here are afraid of a little thing called "effort"

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Defts//Nar

Defts//Nar
    Veteran

I'd like to highlight the thing you said about "PotPvP" Hen. At this time, OpFactions was both PotPvP and Gapple PvP. This was due to almost every weapon outhitting gapples making it necessary to bring Instant Health II. Gapples helped in PvP, but Instant Health was more important. As stated earlier, this season was more dynamic with all of the CEs. This is an example that would work in favor of your reply! :) ;) I will be editing the post to highlight this point. ;)

Also, MobStacker should definitely be modified. I agree with you on that. Maybe increase the spawning limit to 500? This would definitely be useful for making grinding tokens more feasible.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2018 ---
    Could we please stay on the topic of OpFactions? Thank you. I do not want to see this thread get locked as I've made it in hopes of benefitting the server.

*EDIT: Did not mean to Double Post. I apologize.*

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DrAwesome821

DrAwesome821
    Veteran

Here's a suggestion that will please everyone: Just rename OpFactions to FuriousPVP. Might as well capitalize on the brand name.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Defts//Nar

Defts//Nar
    Veteran

I asked politely for you to stop "memeing" about FuriousPvP. I do not want to see this thread get locked as I feel it is important for the OpFactions community. If you are concerned about Furious go post about it in off-topic where it belongs. FuriousPvP is no longer relevant.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rasturize

Rasturize Staff Member Manager SAM BART ELI

Thanks.

As for everything else in the thread, I've read through it all, you guys (as always) have not gone un-noticed. Your continued feedback is what keeps us going.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Defts//Nar

Defts//Nar
    Veteran

Thank you for that response! :D It gives me hope! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. MustardHotdogs

MustardHotdogs
    Experienced

Not to be rude but clearly many of us have as fixes have no been yet fixed? And I'm not talking about cannons and hard fixing ones, I mean small fixes that would be easy but are not yet. So what is k1laz doing??

14. Defts//Nar

Defts//Nar
    Veteran

K1LAZ is working hard. Just message him if you have any concerns. Nobody is perfect. Why blame him if he is only meant to report bugs? He isn't the one who fixes them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Akaira

Akaira

Facts! :D

16. Drakonn

Drakonn
    Experienced

I would also like to add that we do have a bug report section. Anyone can report bugs to us not just the insight member.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Use

Use
    Experienced

ehhh didn't read the whole thing but basically i saw a lot about custom enchants. basically custom enchants ruined op facs pvp and lost a lot of dedicated players due to this. no skill is involved anymore. ask any old player why they quit..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. K1LAZ

K1LAZ Staff Member Mod Insight Team ELI

https://nemegaming.com/bug-report/ or K.#4180

• Like Like x 1
  19. MustardHotdogs

MustardHotdogs
    Experienced

I didn't mean that he didn't work hard, its just that he doesn't try find bugs himself just asks others to find them for him oh well neme is a dead server and anyone who says it isn't, is brain dead

• Like Like x 1
  20. Myzzelf

Myzzelf Staff Member Mod

Bug reporting isnt the insight first role they are here to help improving the server with suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TC_GoldRush

TC_GoldRush
    Experienced

I would love to see PotionPvP make a return, along with FPduels and FPtournaments. Glitching is good! Glitching is a fun aspect of the game! Obsidian breaker is OK, but takes a long time and is tedious!
    ---
    Really though we'd be happy if y'all brought back the FPtournaments!!! @DrAwesome821 @Bryan5866 @TheShortPerson @BabyPanda

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.