There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Survival is now revamped!

Discussion in 'News' started by NobleProductions, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Upper Manager

Final Update: Server is now open again!

Update #1:
    Work on the revamp has now started. We'll post some updates as we make more progress.

Update #2: After spending 3 hours trying to get the server to allow us to join, we've finally started full work.

Update #3: Most implementation is done, just still need to add a few things, and also continue with generating the world to accommodate for the expanded border.

Update #4: Almost finished now. Final implementations are being done.

Hey everyone,

For quite a while now, there’s been some talk of an update to Survival. This was originally going to be released in December, but other server resets got in the way, and we weren’t able to deliver what we wanted to bring to the update, so we instead decided to push it back a bit further and expand on what we wanted to add with it. So with that said, let’s get into what this update will entail!

What will NOT be happening:
    We understand that some of you may be concerned that this is basically a reset. We can safely say that this revamp will in no way reset anything, from builds to claimblocks, to money. This is simply a content update to the server which will see new items and features added to the server for added longevity.

Features
    Over the last year, we’ve read your suggestions, we’ve collected many different ideas that have been brought to us. Below will show several major additions and changes coming to the server with this update. This is by no means a comprehensive list of changes, but a list with all changes will be posted after release.

Achievements
    I’d like to say this comes as no surprise to any long-terms players. As it’s already on almost every server, achievements will be making their way to Survival, so expect to be completing many different challenges throughout your time on the server!

Expanded Random Teleport & World Expansion
    As part of this revamp, we’ll be changing how the random teleport feature works. Currently, it simply chooses the coordinates at random, and then teleports you to it. With this update, the random teleport will have various options which you’ll be able to select depending upon your rank. These options vary from choosing which biome to go to, or how large of a range you want it to take you. This will be especially useful with the added world expansion that will also be coming with this update!

Economy Changes
    Alongside the other changes, we’ll be adopting an entirely new layout for the Survival economy, as well as adding 1.12 items into the mix. What this means is that both the new market and GUI shop will be ordered based on actual item type, rather than the current system which is based on item ID. This should result in items being where you expect them to be rather than where they are in the Creative GUI.

Updating to 1.12
    On top of the aforementioned world expansion, we’ll also finally be updating Survival to 1.12! So on top of the expanded world, this will also bring along any and all 1.12-related structures and blocks, so being amongst the first there will be the most beneficial for you.

As mentioned, these are some of the major changes coming, but there will be a comprehensive list of the changes being made to the server sometime after release.

Unlike our normal resets, for the revamp we will be taking the server down for a few hours to push these changes. The revamp will therefore be taking place on Saturday, February 24th from 4AM EST, and is expected to last at the very least a few hours. We don’t have a definitive amount of time that this will take to do as these changes need to be made on the live server, but it should be no longer than 6 hours.

Thanks for reading,
    ~ The NemeGaming Staff Team

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ToastedNuggets

ToastedNuggets Staff Member Community Manager SAM ISAAC BART ELI

Aww yay! Can't wait to see this in action.

3. DrPump

DrPump
    Experienced

Can't wait for it!

4. rsparkles

rsparkles Staff Member Senior Moderator SAM BART

YES I'm so pumped for this :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. Prae_

Prae_
    Veteran

This is cool ig

6. loopey

loopey Staff Member Mod BART ELI

Sounds awesome! Thank you so much for putting in hours ontop of hours of effort for our benefit, the management team is super hard working and often not appreciated enough. So I would like to say it now, thank you for all that you do and I appreciate all the effort you put into this network. It might get underlooked quite often, however, we all appreciate you very much! Can’t wait to check out the new revamp, cheers!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. jpruezkiez

jpruezkiez
    Experienced

8. YoloPhroYo

YoloPhroYo

Thought it read reset :( but this is great for the players as well. Good to see more thought put into survival.

9. ItzTyphoon

ItzTyphoon
    Experienced

Awwww yeeeahhhh, it's going to be amazzzing! :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Forum Master

lit. expecting this to be cool.

11. Palabow

Palabow
    Experienced

Pumped for the wonderful new revamp! Going to officially start playing, anyone else?

12. Llilz

Llilz
    Experienced

Oooo I’m So Excited!!

13. branny00

branny00 Staff Member Senior Moderator SAM BART ELI

I can not wait so much to look forward to :)

14. Jordy

Jordy

Can’t wait!

15. 2xLightforgedx8

2xLightforgedx8

Crud. Been hoping for a reset for quite some time. Guess I'll keep waiting. :(

16. loopey

loopey Staff Member Mod BART ELI

For the people who want a reset so they have more area to build- there will be a world expansion, which is stated in the thread. :)

17. 2xLightforgedx8

2xLightforgedx8

I read that part which is stated in the thread. Though I still hoped for a reset. But hey, can’t win them all now can we?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Conorx

Conorx
    Experienced

Dont tell lies

• Like Like x 1
  19. KasperJax

KasperJax

This sounds great! Can’t wait to see it! I just have a suggestion:Could we make /back work to get back to a death point? I understand if there’s a reason it doesn't do that, and otherwise, I am looking forward to the new things coming.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nismo6921

Nismo6921
    Experienced

I'm so hype for this!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.