There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Staff Don't Have Control Over Chat (At All!!!)

Discussion in 'Network Discussions' started by Griffin Walsh, Jul 10, 2018.

Should staff mute/ban people quicker?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Griffin Walsh

Griffin Walsh

First of all, please don't just lock this thread right away bc i want this to be an actual discussion.

Also, read the whole thing before replying

Hi folks, first time poster here but I've been playing Survival on Neme for about a month, and my playtime is around 120 hours.

One thing I noticed about this server is that staff have very little control over chat. I've been staff on a large server before with 2500+ players online at once and the chat was never as toxic as Neme's. I'm not 100% sure on how the staff system works here, but I see very few mutes and bans for toxicity even though there are always heated and pointless arguments, as well as people just being disrespectful to each other.

For example, on Survival just now there was a 30 minute+ argument (I didn't take screenshots) about politics and gender identity and sexual identity and all that fun stuff. The staff members online were rsparkles and iyve, but rsparkles was afk and didn't do anything at all. Iyve muted one person (i think his ign was Yearbook or something) for 30 minutes for saying that gay people go to hell. Cool right?

Only thing is, that didn't solve the problem. The chat was still arguing and going off so Ivy said "stop arguing." as a warning. After that first warning goes out, people should be punished right? After all, they are ignoring the staff which should be a violation of rule 2b if I'm being honest. Instead of making more mutes or banning people, Iyve gave out at least 15 verbal warnings to "stop arguing" and even stopped chat once or twice to try and calm everyone down.

It wasn't until the manager person came on and muted someone else that things finally slowed down. This was a 25-30 minute instance of shit hitting the fan that could've been resolved in 25-30 seconds if only the arguing people were muted after they ignored the staff.

I'm sure there are other examples of this kind of thing too, and these petty arguments and toxic people can be dealt with so much easier if staff actually take action instead of begging the chat to stop fighting.

2. Myzzelf

Myzzelf Staff Member Sr. Mod ISAAC ELI

Staff members can't chose how long the mute or ban lasts,the duration also gets longer everytime you get muted. As for the warning, we usually give 2/3 warning before mutting unless its an instant 2c word. Finally, we are quite strict on the 2b rule to avoid staff members false mutting people for something like "you're a bad staff". Next time something similar happens, you can do 3 things :
    - Use /ghelpop to alert any staff member online
    - Make a player report here on the forums with screenshots proofs
    - Tag moderators with @mod or tagging an online staff member on our discord telling them to Come.
    I hope our system is clearer to you, if not feel free to ask anymore questions.
    Also I'm a mod who's on extended leave if you're wondering.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zvcc

Zvcc
    Veteran

Agreed with this thread, the new jr mods coming through need more training to learn how to deal with larger situations like this in a more professional manor.

4. Myzzelf

Myzzelf Staff Member Sr. Mod ISAAC ELI

Well that's another thing. Keep in mind Jr. Mod is just a phase, and that they don't have much experience yet. You also know what's the process to go through for Mods and under in order to mute, it's also why it was taking long, although I do agree that with some more training some jr Mods could be more efficient.

5. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

Old thread but fuck it.

Arguments occur. People get heated. This is not toxicity. Therefore it is not the staff members job to mute unless they break a rule.

Neme try and let people speak their mind. Go to mcpz if you want suppression of thought, language and opinion.

What the fuck is a ‘staff should mute more’ poll going to do too? You’ve brought it to 4 people’s attention. That won’t change much.