There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Should AFK Mining be nerfed?

Discussion in 'Skyblock Discussion' started by Ax3, Jan 6, 2019.

Should AFK Mining Be Nerfed (Cheaper Ores)

Poll closed Jan 9, 2019.
  1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

64.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ax3

Ax3

A poll for afk mining please reply of what you think about it.
    I can tell a lot of people are going to not agree with me just for the fact most people afk mine every night and even during the day. I do hope people wont be biased towards this and think about it deeply and understand how the other players who are manually working for barely more money feel.

My opinion:
    Pretty much AFK Mining is too overpowered. You can make 10mil a day if u have 3 accounts doing it overnight, 10 mil for legit doing nothing? I mean sure u wake up and take 10 mins to sell the stuff if u don't use auto sell and that's it. Problem with this is that it takes no skill or determination at all its just so easy, all you need is a good pick and your set. Now I've been on many skyblock servers and most of them you are just afking most of the time but working and getting spawners / farms to afk you actually have to do something for them but when it comes to afk mining you don't even need to invest any money into it yet you make millions a night. I don't agree with it because I find it too easy, boring and when you cant make that much during the day most of the time people are just not doing anything but afk mining the only active people are the ones who are building nice islands, fishing or farming. Apart from that everyone else is afk mining. I don't mind the entire afking deal within skyblock but the fact that you're making millions for doing nothing is just silly. What they should do is lower the price of ores from the market.

2. ImDerpiee

ImDerpiee
    Experienced

You can make 20mil a day actually playing. AFK mining doesn’t need to be nerfed, as it recently was after the November reset. As for the market, the prices are overpriced for a reason In fact, it’s just about the same reason you state for this suggestion. If we made ores in the shop super cheap, there would be no reason to mine at all, or buy from people that do. This would totally ruin the economy as well, and is top would be even easier to get than it is now. I agree that AFK mining is indeed powerful, but not enough that any of it needs to be seriously changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ax3

Ax3

I get what you mean but really if your brand new to the server and get a pickaxe, you can make 8-10mil a night from doing nothing. Your right u can make 20mil a day from playing but not when your brand new.

4. ImDerpiee

ImDerpiee
    Experienced

If a new player is committed, they'll make like 10mil in a day anyway. Even without autosell. Like I stated in my earlier post, Autosell is strong, but not strong enough that there needs to be any changes made.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

I keep seeing many people saying afk mining needs to be nerfed even more, but what they aren’t noticing is that crop afking way more compared to it. AFK mining has been part of neme sb for a while, and i don’t think they want to get rid of it completely..

as @ImDerpiee said, it’s 100% possible to make 10M+ in a single day without afking... don’t even have to be dedicated to the server to do so lol

so my personal opinion, no. don’t nerf afk mining even more. It seems to be fine where it is, and even if it does make close to 10M in ~12 hours, it takes forever to get there. if anything, crop afking needs a huge nerf lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ax3

Ax3

Yea I agree with you as well. But afk farming requires some effort (refilling bonemeal and getting it every few hours) while afk mining doesn't.

7. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

which is why it makes way less money compared to farming

8. DonutJR

DonutJR
    Experienced

Definitely! 20Million within 12hours/account with a 1tick/sec clock.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LexieLeigh

LexieLeigh Insight Team

AFK Mining has been nerfed enough, it's really not that overpowered compared to other money making methods. If it's so overpowered please tell me who's the person on baltop that afk mines it all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ax3

Ax3

I think you misunderstood what im trying to say, im saying its OP for new people the people who have farms, grinders and all that and have also spent hundreds of hours this wipe earned it all but like. when you start off and you can make 9mil a night... its pretty op

11. PapirusX

PapirusX
    Experienced

Actually, it's not overpowered, it's much better to mine without autosell, smelt ores, make bloks and sell them at your or at other warps. I earned 2mill for autosell mining overnight(1 account) and i tried to sell my ores manual next day and I earned over 5milion...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ax3

Ax3

Alright thanks everyone for taking your time to give your opinion and I enjoyed the discussion on automining, ending the poll here. I appreciate all the insight you guys have gave me. Have a good one!

13. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

I’m guessing this should be locked now...

@mod lol

14. LexieLeigh

LexieLeigh Insight Team

"@mod"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pashobik

Pashobik Staff Member Sr. Mod

Locking thread as it has been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.