There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Prison has now reset!

Discussion in 'News' started by NobleProductions, Jan 12, 2018.

1. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Upper Manager

Hey everyone,

With the start of the new year, we’ve been getting back into the swing of things again, and that includes server resets. To start the year off, we’ll be finally resetting Prison. With this reset comes a copious amount of changes and additions to the server, including the heavily requested custom enchantments.

Not a lot has changed in the way of regular content, such as kits and whatnot, however, we know a good amount of you have been requesting a mine specifically to get wood from, which is separate from the regular set of mines. On top of this, the Jackpot mine has been changed to replace the stone with various ores, so this should be more enticing for lower-level players as you can actually make more money at a lower level going to the Jackpot mine than the lower-tier mines.

The PvP arena has seen a bigger change in that it has now been moved from a single point in spawn, to covering the underneath of it, and can be accessed from several locations within spawn. This new arena also contains multiple storeys that you can battle each other in, along with a small element of parkour to get between different storeys within the arena.

Another highly requested feature for Prison is the inclusion of a parkour course. Because it was never fully used to its potential, and we know those of you that tried it, loved it, we’re bringing the original parkour course from the previous KitPvP map into the server. It has been slightly altered to accommodate Prison, but ultimately, it should play relatively the same as before.

Technically this was fixed in the current iteration, but just so you are all aware of it, armour stacking is now working again. Unfortunately, due to Mojang making a change between 1.10 and 1.11, it made it impossible to do it how it used to be done. Now, rather than being able to equip the armour whilst it is stacked, you have to equip one piece of the armour, and then do /stack to stack it. We understand this isn’t as straightforward as before, but like I mentioned, this was “fixed” by Mojang and is not something we can change, but it is back at the very least.

Custom Enchantments
    During this reset, we asked if you wanted to see custom enchantments brought to Prison, an overwhelming amount of you voted yes in our poll (481 to 70, in fact) to add them, and that’s what we’ll be doing. Fortunately, we’ve been graced with more dev power than we could have asked for, and because of that, we’ve been able to make these enchantments from the ground up. So what enchantments do we have?

Combat
    • Inquisitive
      • Receive more XP per hostile mob kill
    • Vampire
      • Upon damaging an enemy, health is taken from the opponent and given to the attacker
    • Weakness
      • Upon damaging an enemy, there’s a chance they’ll receive a weakness potion effect for a small amount of time
    • Poison
      • Same as Weakness, but with poison
    • Blindness
      • Same as Poison, but with blindness
    • Hunter
      • Upon damaging an enemy, attacker has a chance to receive a speed boost
    • Attack
      • Upon damaging an enemy, there’s a chance of the victim receiving a potion for a period of time
    • Molten
      • Upon attacking a player, there’s a chance they’ll be set on fire for a small amount of time
    • Flame Thrower
      • Upon shooting a player, there’s a chance they’ll be set on fire for a small amount of time
    • Decapitate
      • Upon killing a player, there’s a chance their head will drop
    • Flashbang
      • Upon damaging a player, there’s a chance their vision will be impaired and their speed slowed for 1 second
    • Berserker
      • When under 50% health, more damage is dealt to the victim, and when under 20% health, even more damage is dealt
    • Sniper
      • Headshots with a fired arrow deal more damage per level
    • Sharpshooter
      • Bow damage is increased based on level
    • RPG
      • Small explosion on arrow impact, damages any enemy within its radius
    Mining
    • Jack Hammer
      • Mines in a 3x3 square, higher the level, the more accurate it is
    • Farmer
      • Tills dirt in a certain radius, and is more accurate the higher the level
    • Vein Miner
      • If mined with the correct tools, breaks all blocks of the same block you just mined in a certain radius
    • Lucky Mining
      • Drops more XP for mining ores, more XP is dropped with higher levels
    • Explosive
      • Breaks blocks in the radius of explosion, is more accurate the higher the level
    Other
    • McMMOx
      • Increases McMMO XP gained based on level
    • Revive
      • If the next hit you receive would result in your death, receive a full heal, and lose a level on tool, also receive slowness 1 and weakness 1 for a small period of time
    • Slime
      • Small chance to completely negate fall damage
    • Shield
      • Small chance of negating bow damage
    Upon reset, the following will not be transferred:
    - Inventories
    - Ender Chests
    - Player Vaults
    - All worlds and builds including plot world
    - McMMO levels
    - In-game currency
    - In-game ranks

As usual, the following will be transferred:
    - Paid donor ranks

The reset will be released on Saturday, January 13th, between 11am-12pm EST.

Thanks,
    ~ The NemeGaming Staff Team

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Palabow

Palabow Staff Member Half Moderator

Finally, I'm so stoked for the reset, I've been waiting for a while now!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skincare

Skincare
    Experienced

Excited for this! <3

4. HahtPocketsTM

HahtPocketsTM Staff Member Half Moderator

This reset is immensely needed, and I'm looking forward to it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. TheShortPerson

TheShortPerson Staff Member Senior Moderator BART

I am excited for/looking forward to this reset. This reset may lead to my first major purchase on a server in over a year, we'll have to see...

6. CantBeatGCheat

CantBeatGCheat

Well say goodbye now the custom enchants will kill every aspect of PvP R.I.P. old (good) Neme.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. HahtPocketsTM

Custom enchants have been requested constantly for a long time and the players are finally getting it, it's only a bad thing if you make it into one

8. CantBeatGCheat

CantBeatGCheat

Don't be if you plan on pvping whatsoever

9. Avery Chickens

Avery Chickens

Can't wait to be debuffed the entire time I pvp... To make it even better lets give an extra life to the players incase they quick drop :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CantBeatGCheat

CantBeatGCheat

The vote should have been divided into sub sections such as mining custom enchants combat and see what players think from that point of view. I gaurantee I have played this server longer than you have and I will say custom enchants ruined opfactions before and they were removed. Not going to be surprised if pay to win players take over the server and the player count deteriorates. Custom enchants aren't a terrible idea but maybe giving the players a more clear description of the options instead of making the vote as vague as possible would be a lot better. Skill is gone, out the window, not needed. All I need is money in my pocket and boom I am the best on the server.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2018 ---
    How about 10 extra lives for the kiddos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HahtPocketsTM

And if that becomes an issue then they will deal with it, they put a lot of time and effort into this reset, for us, the players, not for themselves, for us. Maybe be positive about it, be thankful. And prison isn't supposed to be focussed around PvP, if you want to PvP then go to kitpvp. Prison is about grinding and making your way to the top, and any "p2w players" that have a large balance will normally have a pretty decent shop set up on their plot to help out new players. The admins/managers/devs spent a lot of time on this, I don't see any reason to be so negative about it.

12. CantBeatGCheat

CantBeatGCheat

If prison isn't about PvP why is there warp PvP or jackpot. Oh wait that's because there would be 10-15 players on if all prison had was mines. You have nothing to compare this new reset to. You are a newer player. I'll be thankful while pvping being blinded and flashbanged and I'll just ressurect out of the depths of hell because I'll just get the revive ce. If you knew old og neme prison you would understand but clearly you don't get that.

13. HahtPocketsTM

It doesn't matter if I'm a new player or not. Majority of the new players are more active than the "OG" players that rarely get on. And whenever they do get on its either to complain or be toxic. And again, if the PvP factor becomes an issue, It. Will. Be. Fixed. That's not the point of my argument, my question is why do you have to be so negative about something that required so much time and hard work? Be thankful, this post was meant to be an announcement, if you have negative feedback please, please keep it out of this post, Noble and the rest of the admins, devs, and managers put so much time into this, negativity and complaints like these are not needed whatsoever right now, wait till you actually see the reset, THEN make your decision. "Don't judge a book by its cover".. And don't assume an addition to the server is going to be a bad thing just because it happened on FACTIONS which is a completely different concept than prison.

14. CantBeatGCheat

CantBeatGCheat

PvP concept completely the same, and why be negative? I played neme with ces in combat. It completely ruins it. And the og players not only get on more often than you but have lots more playtime than you as well so. And all the og players get on to PvP. Don't base one experience with a player to create a whole stereotype. I already stated positives about the update but yes I am worried about the negatives. Hard time and work doesn't gaurantee any kind of positive experience. There was posts when the current reset came out talking about how much hard work was put into it. Then there's tons of bugs only to be fixed months and months into the map. For example I will afk and lose items I earn. You continue to say be thankful and state nothing for me to be thankful for. Like what be thankful the server is still running? Explain.

15. branny00

branny00 Staff Member Senior Moderator SAM BART

Looking like its gonna be a great reset, can't wait :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. kanepw

kanepw
    Experienced

It's quite funny watching all of you say "I cant wait" we all know you'll play for a day then go back to skyblock lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

how do we get tokens again? only in jackpot? yeah that’ll be possible for new players lol

18. nedthefed

nedthefed Staff Member Staff Manager Manager

Every effect enchant was setup to work with a % based chance, and likely won't ever get to a high %. Even then, the potions that people use whilst PvPing override most of the negatives from the debuffs.

tl;dr debuff enchants won't dominate PvP, they'll just be there to give a slight edge. Sharpness & Armour will be the biggest factors towards you winning a fight.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. zDada

zDada

Nah for real tho I’m actually looking forward to the reset ! Can’t wait!!

20. loopey

loopey
    Veteran

Don’t shit post.