There are players on play.neme.gg

1. Hey, Guest! There is currently a Summer sale running for a limited time!

Get up to 75% off at store.neme.gg!

[poll!!] thoughts on coinflip

Discussion in 'Skyblock Discussion' started by NotOkay, Apr 14, 2019.

Should coinflip be removed / have a tax?

1. Remove it!

54.8%
  2. Introduce a tax, but no more than 5%

9.7%
  3. Introduce a tax, but no more than 10%

22.6%
  4. Introduce a tax, but no more than 20%

6.5%
  5. keep it the way it is

6.5%
  1. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

no this does not actually mean anything, i wanted to see what a poll from actual skyblock players compared to a discord of over 5,000 other people would look like

no this is not official or anything
    hi hi, recently we saw a brand new change added to the coinflip plugin on skyblock. This change made it so that coinflips could only be set to a maximum of 25M. Something that has been "hated" by more of the people who use coinflip for a way to gain a ton of money is cf tax. Coinflip tax made the server take a portion of the money from the winnings of another player (5%, 10%, 20%, whatever it was set to.)

Something else that had happened was a poll was created on the official server discord which showed that over 50 people disliked the idea of having a coinflip tax on the server. these results also included the votes of people who don't play and people who don't understand what coinflip is doing to the economy. It's allowing new members (not that there's an issue there) to become some of the richest people with no effort at all. on a "grindy reset"

so i want to hear opinions from the people who actually play the server! i want to see what the actual players think

vote on the poll thanks

know that i didn't make this post because i "want cf removed to remain on baltop"
    know that if a cf tax gets added, it's not my fault.
    i probably repeated myself 8 times forgive me xd

• Like Like x 1
  2. ImDerpiee

ImDerpiee
    Veteran

plz remove cf i need a livelyhood

• Like Like x 1
  3. Draco_Dark_Shift

Draco_Dark_Shift
    Experienced

Away with cf

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrPump

DrPump Staff Member Sr. Mod BART

I would really like to see the next reset without coinflip and see how it goes. I think it is cool, but only for awhile.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. LexieLeigh

LexieLeigh Insight Team

ReMoVe FlipCoin aDd Poker :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Draco_Dark_Shift

Draco_Dark_Shift
    Experienced

Yes I agree

7. gd813

gd813
    Experienced

I think it would be really cool if there was is a variable tax, so the more you bet the more the server takes. That way if you're making small bets for fun, there would be little to no tax, but if you're making bets of several million at a time trying to make money, it could be taxed 10-20%. This would keep the fun of coinflips, but discourage people from trying to use it as a way to get rich quick.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. I'd like to see it removed for the next re-set. It's a good idea in theory, but in practice - People have used it to get rich quick. At busy times, the server chat will be just discussion about the next obscene amount of money that's being gamble away on a coin toss.

Would be good to see how it goes next reset without it personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BritishBear

BritishBear Insight Team

Hopefully with the next reset we can try and persuade the management and dev teams to spice things us to give us all some more diversity between each reset

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

okay, it’s been a week and it seems most people want cf removed

wow

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ImDerpiee

ImDerpiee
    Veteran

yes please

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

hello management this is saying something! majority of the players don't want cf!

13. ImDerpiee

ImDerpiee
    Veteran

yes, we've said it! plz do! <3

14. 1pix

1pix
    Experienced

Wow! To be honest, I thought that only I did not like cf. Great
    Yes, please remove

• Like Like x 1
  15. gd813

gd813
    Experienced

So, I just saw a non-donor Covert rank player with 42 hours playtime this reset, and a non-donor Major rank player with 18 hours playtime do 10 consecutive coin flips at $25 million per person, $50 million total value in a span of about 2 minutes.
    Basically I'm trying to point out that within 2.5 days between the two of them, they had more money to waste on /cf than I've made in 2 months of playtime on the server this reset, and its all because they know a basic betting strategy that most people on this server don't care enough about or are too stupid to figure out. They haven't worked for it, they haven't put in hardly any time for it, and they didn't earn it, all they did was exploit a system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Archered

Archered
    Experienced

I agree with the idea of bringing a taxed system into the server to take-away some of the money earned by coinflips, although I do not encourage the removal of it, as I do enjoy playing it myself as well as other players. People should use money and risk at their own stake, the system is designed to eventually make you lose, some people just get extremely lucky :).

17. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Owner

I'd probably argue that a much lower cap and possibly tax rate should be put onto it rather than outright removing it. As seen on Survival, it can exist without being a detriment to the server and making new people suddenly one of the richest on the server with virtually zero effort.

When I get the time, I can look into making our own custom version of it and implementing further limits outside of just a max amount and tax rate, such as daily total games played or daily max money etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ImDerpiee

ImDerpiee
    Veteran

Max daily conflips seems like a great idea! this also prevents people from doing huge cfs just for show. (really annoying.)