There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Important OP-Factions Feedback thread

Discussion in 'OP Factions Discussion' started by Rasturize, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Rasturize

Rasturize Staff Member Manager BART SAM

Hello, OP-Factions community!

This thread will be dedicated to OP-Factions suggestions and fixes. Obviously, the Feature Suggestion forum section is a preferred, but this thread will be a way to discuss ideas with the community, along with me directly. Any comments that are not related to this topic will be removed, so please stay on topic! :)

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. looshey

looshey

3. Rasturize

4. Pancakez

Pancakez

Going to paste all of the threads of suggestions down here.

My Coin Flip post:

Hi, my name is Pancakez (If you didn't know that already) and OP Factions is my favorite game mode in Neme Gaming. I would like to see what the community has to say about coin flips. If you have played Factions on other servers you should know what coin flips are, but for those who don't I will explain it for you ;).
    Basically, you perform a command such as /coinflip [amount of money you want to flip] [which side of the coin you want to choose (heads or tails)] . Then it opens up a GUI and proceeds to spin and if it selects the side of the coin that you selected you get double the money that you bet, if you selected the other side of the coin that wasn't selected you lose however much money you had bet.
    Example #1: Execute the command /coinflip 1,000,000 heads, then the GUI would come up and spin and if it spun heads you would would win double your money which is $2,000,000, and then $1,000,000 would be taken from your opponent's money account.

Example #2: Execute the command /coinflip 1,000,000 tails, then the GUI would come up and it spins heads, which means that $1,000,000 would be taken from you account and 2,000,000 would be given to your opponent.
    This isn't the whole plugin explained but I think the Managers and the Developers can figure it out from here (I hope). Thank you for reading my post on Coin Flips! Have a great rest of your day :)!
    ~Pancakez

Venez's PvP post:

There are many PvP changes on OpFactions that are necessary to bring more players to the community, and I'm sure many people agree. I feel it was appropriate for me to make this post, because I've put hours into a multitude of PvP servers, and know what people like universally across them, and also what they dislike.

*THIS POST IS NOT TO PROMOTE HATE TOWARD THE NEMESIS GAMING NETWORK, IT IS ONLY MEANT TO BE VIEWED AS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.*

Servers Velocity and Hit-Detection:

It seems server-wide, that that people take almost no knockback, or take a hell of a lot of knockback. I don't know how this could be changed, however I know many other servers know how to change it. I feel the servers knockback, or velocity, needs to be balanced so it makes comboing other players fair for all of us.

The next complaint I see server-wide, which is indeed true, is that the server doesn't have the best hit-detection. This issue is mainly experienced by highly-skilled players on the network. If you're at a certain skill level on Neme, it becomes very difficult to combo other skilled players. W-Tapping doesn't do as much on Neme as it should, because of the hit-detection, and in turn, usually makes highly-skilled players trade every single hit in a fight. If this could be changed, it would improve the entire community as a whole.

Custom Enchants and Regular Enchants:

Rage: Rage makes a large difference in PvP, and I agree with Rage I costing 200 tokens, however, Rage II and Rage III don't make as much of a difference when upgraded, so I think Rage I should stay at 200 tokens, but upgrading Rage should cost less than the 200 tokens because of the little difference it makes for being such an expensive CE to upgrade.
    Poison: Poison activates too often, and the speed of the poison is way to quick in my opinion. Poison should be nerfed so it only has a slight buff over Poison potions.
    Weakness: This CE has a lot of potential, and I feel it should be buffed in one way or another.
    Confusion: This CE should be removed entirely, as all it does is piss people off.
    Hunger: This CE should not be changed, however, a saturation CE should be added as a counter.
    Decapitate: This CE should not be changed, however, it would be cool to see a helmet CE called something along the lines of "Glory I", that could decrease the chance of getting beheaded.
    Molotov Cocktail: The most fucking annoying CE out there. All it does is burn loot and it should be removed entirely.
    Stormcaller: This CE needs buffed so players actually use it.
    AutoSmelt: Needs a huge buff. Mining iron should give the same fortune as the pickaxe gives for regular ores. For example, fortune 110 should work on iron so you can get a lot of iron from breaking the ores.
    Ramming: Ramming is currently too OP. I've every type of gear get one-hit by ramming before besides OP. That's why I think Ramming should be reduced to a max of Ramming I instead of Ramming V. I'm sad to say this, but this one of the ONLY options to fix this CE.

Of course, with CE nerfs and buffs to current CEs, some new ones should be added.

Inquisitive: More XP drops from mobs, excalibur exclusive CE from the shop.
    Glory I: Helmet CE that decreases the chance of you dropping your head.
    Demonic Smite I: Chestplate CE that smites like stormcaller just for visual appeal, but removes all of your negative buffs and keeps your positive ones, and also gives your opponent 3 seconds of blindness. The name originates from Holy Smite V, which did the exact opposite, and removed your opponents positive buffs.
    Curse I: Wither CE for Swords and/or axes. Gives your opponent a wither effect for 2 seconds.
    Haste IV: A CE that comes exclusive to Dwarf armor that obviously makes Mining easier. *Haste does not give ANY PvP advantage*
    LuckyDrops I: Has a chance to drop extra items from mobs. Only one item can be lucky dropped per type of mob so it doesn't clutter hopper systems. (Ex. Skeletons have a chance of dropping 4 diamonds)
    Tank I: Ce that gives you Slowness I when your chest plate breaks, but also gives you resistance 12.
    Shredder I: Sends 3 50% charged arrows from a bow with one bowshot.
    Speed II: Boots CE that gives an infinite Speed 2 effect.
    Jump Boost I: Boots CE that gives an infinite Jump Boost effect.
    Health Boost III: Leggings CE that gives 10 extra hearts.
    Harvester I: Hoe CE that lets you harvest multiple crops at once.
    Explosion I: Dwarf Pick and Dwarf Shovel CE (even though there is no dwarf shovel), that allows you to clear a 4x4x4 block cube per hit with a pickaxe. Would be useful for basebuilding, and finding more ores while mining.

Changes To Kits and OpItems:
    • Rename kits on the shop to G-Kits, because people are more familiar with that term in factions.
    • Removal of Depth Strider to all armor.
    • Addition of an Aqua kit, similar to the old "feesh" kit. This kit would include a knockback III fishing rod, Depth Strider I Speed II boots, a fish with Sharpness 80 and Knockback I, and an Aqua Affinity Helmet. The sale price in the shop would be $7.50 with the current 80% off sale. All armor would include protection 500, hardened VIII and unbreaking 800.
    • Excalibur upgraded to sharpness 125, but Mjolnir kept at 120 for armor breaking purposes.
    • Addition of Mending I to all armor.
    • Explosion and Haste CEs brought to Dwarf.
    • OP Item added to shop (Hand-Forged Aqua Boots): Depth Strider I, Speed II, Protection 3000, Unbreaking 5000, Hardened X. (Advantages over OpArmor, depth strider if depth strider is removed for other armor, and higher unbreaking.
    • Sharpness and Fire Aspect added to Midas' Axe.
    • Pyro Bow upgraded to an appropriate level of power.
    • DopeMe axe comes with Weakness I and DopeMe Sword comes with Hunger I.
    • Inquisitive I added to Excalibur.
    • Any type of CE that currently can impair player vision should be removed.
    • Green Arrow's bow should be increased to Power 30, the supply crate bow should be nerfed to Power 20, and a BM bow should be added with Power 25, and punch 2 enchantment books should be available at /warp shop.
    TokenItems:
    TokenItems are currently too difficult to obtain. This could easily be fixed through making it possible to obtain TokenItems from grinding. There should be a /te shop, where you can spend XP levels on tokens. I've spoke with players, and they all believe 50 TokenItems for 100 XP levels, and 10 tokens for 50XP levels, is appropriate for this if it is added. If this is added, this will decrease the amount of players that vote on alts, which is currently very common, and it will also encourage mob grinding, which most players currently do not do. It will also make it so that you can grind out god sets more efficiently. TokenItems would cost a hefty amount of XP because of the 0% destroy rate that is always applied to token enchants.

McMMo:

Deflect: Deflect McMMo on Neme is currently disabled, however, to balance axe and sword McMMo, deflect McMMo should be enabled. Deflect McMMo is a sword ability that gives you a chance to deflect an opponents damage if you are blocking with your sword.

Axe McMMo: Armor breaking should be slightly nerfed.

Bow McMMo: Bow McMMo should be slightly buffed.

Serrated Strikes and Skull Splitter should be fixed so you cannot damage party members with the area effect damage.

EnderPearls:

Pearling into spawn should be fixed ASAP, however, pearling in combat should be enabled for playing agro and escaping PvP.

Pearling through fence gates should be enabled (Useful if you get PvP trapped).

Traps:

Sand traps should be fixed, because currently they are very buggy.

Watering traps should be considered PvP Glitching.

PvP Areas:
    Safezones and flat terrain should be added to /warp end and /warp nether areas so it is possible to PvP in the area.

/warp pvparena should be added back and supply crates should be located there again.

If you made it this far, and you agree with me, hmu with a +1 Agree, and comment "mur is afk" by any comments you want to make! :)

Feel free to leave more suggestions down below! :)

Ya boi,
    Venez

And finally mine and Henaliest's post pretty much summing the whole thing up:
    Hey. This is a post I feel has been needed for a long time. Many of the members have lots of bones to pick with OPFactions, OGs and new players alike. This is a rant on what is wrong with OPFactions and how to fix it. This is closely written by Pancakez, Henaliest and VapinGodly1337.

All of us, and I feel the greater community, feels there is a huge neglect for OPFactions. The most recent reset brought us what appeared to be a laggy mess that appeared to have attained little to no attention from the managerial team when resetting the server. Bugs were so rife, I myself made 30M on the first day from coal mining, which took an astounding 6 days to fix.

Later on in this document, I will address all the bugs I know about, fixed or not, however. I’m going to focus on neglect for the next paragraphs.

The Custom enchants have not been touched for 2-3 resets, apart from the removal of one, blindness, a change most of us agree on, but also blast on pickaxes, that I think was removed due to my bug report, rather than fixed. This annoys me, as it is a huge missed opportunity to add extra dynamics to PvP, PvE, base building, along with a host of other things. Suggestion threads, cast by the wayside, huge essays on how to better the server greatly, ignored. It really feels as if nobody cares.

Nothing came of Venez’s PvP post, https://nemegaming.com/threads/pvp-changes-that-need-to-happen.10158/ , and OPFactions feels like it has been left out to dry, like FuriousPvP V2. The server is immensely P2W, tokens are only obtainable from voting, and the ce pool hasn’t been changed in many resets. There's so many things to be fixed, and half the things I really want implemented I could do myself, which only makes it doubly as annoying.

Some KOTH’s are 5 minutes, some are 15, seemingly randomly. The koth ends after 75 minutes is up even if you have 2 minutes to go, koth loot has been broken for months, and it still hasn’t been changed/updated since last reset, so old reset gear is still obtainable, yet another easy fix.

Bedrock can be cegged. Obsidian can’t. Shouldn’t this be the other way round as bedrock is by far more expensive and stronger, unbreakable in vanilla?

The grinding post did not get much attention, so those who love to grind get poor yields for fantastical amounts of money. The price of iron golems does NOT match the price of an Iron Golem Spawner. The price of an Iron Golem Spawner from the shop is $3,000,000 and the iron ingots sell for $16. This does not make it worth to have Iron Golem Spawners unless you have mass amounts of them. One of the other only ways to get money is mining which becomes tedious, and some people resort to using X-Ray which is a banned mod.

The seed farming was another thing that was ‘OP’ and had to be removed. It was an amazing way of income and one of the only ways if you didn’t have the money to make a spawner base and use IGS. Essentially what it was is you would take your Dwarf Pickaxe or anything with fortune and mine tall grass and have a clock going with bonemeal on it spewing out of a dispenser and it grew tall grass. All you had to do was hold your mouse button and you could make so much money from it.As gives you tons of seeds where you can sell them in the shop for an oversized price. I personally made 10 million dollars in a day from seed farming. This took way too long to get fixed considering it was essentially the best way to make money at the time. This again shows how little attention the server got from staff members and managers.

Rankup just isn’t worth it. Trusted is P80 for 10m. For my 10m, i could buy 2-3 op sets. This is imbalanced and not worth. Just like all spawners elaborated here: https://nemegaming.com/threads/lets-talk-about-grinding.9784/

Even the donors have been neglected; redstone weapons are the same as bedrock, and ‘- Ability to move while waiting to teleport’ for BD and it is cancelled when you move waiting for /wild, there truly is no attention to detail, and its hard to make this post not sound like a whine as there’s so much wrong with factions; its truly Furious V2 which i hope nobody wants to happen.

The server overall feels so neglected, we feel insulted when we receive the notification of the fact there is a sale. Please don’t let this server die. You have a brilliant concept which is losing traction. This is a server worth saving. Constant lag, an anticheat that doesn't work properly and we get told server TPS is 20? PvPing is a risk, not even when considering opponents, fix this. So many complaints, you seem to deliberately turn a blind eye to this, and the entire dying server too. -Henaliest, Vape and Pancakez and -The greater OPFactions community.

Afternote: Please address this. People haven't tagged all admins+ in the half a dozen improvent threads that seem to have been deliberately ignored by staff - almost all of the OPFactions income is directly from Vape - and now hes gone, PLEASE fix your server. -Not intended maliciously, Henaliest.

Sorry for the post length, I wanted to get of the older posts kind of revived and put into OPFactions. I do not play as much but if some of these things start coming in I might consider coming back full time.
    ~Pancakez

5. Rasturize

Thanks @Pancakez for the suggestions. I've already read through Venez's post, and have made some of those changes already. As for the coinflip idea, that sounds like a cool addition, and I will look into this for the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Experienced

CE Expansion!

I'd also Love to see some love to koths, time is too long for 15 and 10 min koths, loot is shit, supplycrates are glitched in walls and need a buff and to occur more often, and I'd love to see the amount that spawn correspond to the amount of players online divided by 3.

Coinflips sound cool,
    and also maybe hit us up with some ideas too!

7. Rasturize

@Henaliest KOTH definitely needs some changes, I'm not sure when we'll be able to dedicate the time needed to that, but it is on the to-do list. CEs are the same.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Experienced

Js, we can still get p30 bows from supplycrates which you even intentionally tried to get rid of this reset.
    Oh, and the bow you have to pay extra for is shit. Please add the Punch X back just for the green arrow bow.

9. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Experienced

I gave polar and turkey some more critical issues in discord yesterday to be looked at.

10. SethTheSquirrel

SethTheSquirrel
    Veteran

HIS INFO SAYS DONT TALK SO DONT TALK GEEZ NO RESPECT!

11. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Experienced

I'd like to see some buffs for non IRL ranks, like last reset people received EC and /back at VIP, which VIP is now unobtainable and ranks pointless and only obtainable by donors.

Also, please add XP -> te conversion as your next big change!

12. GalaxyTal

GalaxyTal

Rewards for ftop

13. Anti

Anti
    Veteran

God_Niclas is VIP.

14. TheShortPerson

TheShortPerson Staff Member Senior Moderator BART

Due to the presence of this message, several off topic posts have been deleted. Please stay on topic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Defts//Nar

Defts//Nar
    Experienced

Pls bring back the sale lul

16. Geiger72

Geiger72

I would like to apply so here i go
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2017 ---
    I would like to apply for Staff for Nemegaming Op-Factions if you didn't know that if you ever want to see me just ask.
    i would like to apply for admin cause i'm good with commands + I know how to do cool builds but i'm in w.i.p. for me i still learning some commands but ill get to it but i could be a trainee for admin but ill need some one to teach me commands but I know but i saw someone flying very fast without a rank and i saw him with speed and force field

17. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Experienced

Go to fucking staff apps to drool. If you can't find the sub forum you have no chance and you still fly back into warp PvP. Go away.

• Friendly Friendly x 2