There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Minigames has now reset!

Discussion in 'News' started by NobleProductions, Sep 1, 2017.

1. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Upper Manager

Hey everyone,

It’s been a long time since we posted anything regarding Minigames, and we know a good amount of you have been looking for some kind of update or change to to Minigames. With that being said, I’m excited to announce that we will be resetting Minigames! After having reviewed your feedback and suggestions, we have been working on creating a better version of what’s already there without changing up too much of the core gameplay.

What will not be transferred:
    • Stats
    • Current maps
    • Current spawn
    What will be transferred:
    • Paid donor ranks
    With that out of the way, what’s different about this reset and will it bring anything new?

I think it’s safe to say that this reset will be bringing about a large amount of new games and maps, and also a new type of game.

So on the current Minigames, we have the following modes:
    • Capture the flag
    • Destroy the core
    • King of the hill
    • MineSiege
    • Payload
    • Sabotage
    • Team Deathmatch
    These will all be making a return with brand new maps and kit balancing!

The major change that we have made is how games are chosen at the end of a match. Currently, after a match ends, a new game is chosen at random. Whilst that is how it will remain, we now have two types of games that you can play: Long, and short games. They are exactly what you think they are; long games are your typical modes such as TDM, CTF etc… But short games consist of entirely brand new modes coming to the server with this reset, and typically last anywhere between 3-5 minutes.

New Gamemodes
    With all that being said, you’re probably wondering what these new modes consist of, so let’s get started.
    • Short games
      • Spleef
        • No PvP. Break the snow blocks to try and make your enemies fall off of the map. The map will slowly start breaking apart from the outside until there is only one player left, or the game ends before.
      • One in the chamber
        • Everyone is given a bow and arrow. If you hit a player with your arrow, it will instantly kill them. Receive a new arrow every 15 seconds. Last person standing, wins.
      • Snowball fight
        • Use your shovel to break snow around the map to get snowballs. Regular PvP is off, so you need to hit your enemies with the snowballs until either one player remains, or the time runs out.
      • Anvil
        • Everyone is placed in a room together. Once the game starts, anvils will start falling out of the sky, so be careful. Should you be hit by an anvil, you will be eliminated from the game. Last person standing wins.
      • Slime frenzy
        • Kill as many slimes as you possibly can in the timeframe. The bigger the slime you kill, the more points you receive.
      • FFA
        • Simple brawl. First to 30 kills, wins.
      • Parkour race
        • Be the first to reach the end of the course, or be the closest to the end to win.
      • Crumbling island brawl
        • You’re stranded on a floating island. As the game begins, the blocks around the map will start breaking off and the map will get smaller. Be careful, other players may try to hit you off of the island. As the game goes on, the map starts breaking apart a lot quicker until there is nothing left.
      • Gold rush
        • Like the concept of prison? Team up and be the first to mine the most gold ore within the timeframe to win.
    • Long games (all)
      • CTF
      • DTC
      • KOTH
      • MineSiege
      • Payload
      • Sabotage
      • TDM
      • Kill confirmed
        • Similar to TDM in concept, but with a twist. When you kill an enemy, you have to pick up their tag (gold ingot) in order to confirm the kill and score. Should the enemy get to the tag first, your kill will be denied and you won’t score.
      • Kill the king
        • Also similar to TDM in concept. Each team will have a random member picked to become the “King”. Killing the enemy team’s king is worth more points than killing regular enemies. Be careful though, the king is capable of doing more damage, and receiving less damage, so make sure you’re prepared to take them on.
      • Splash zone
        • Like painting? Then you’ll love this mode. Two teams go head-to-head to paint as much of the map as possible in the timeframe. Throw eggs to paint the map, or to throw at your enemies. The team with the most area covered with their color, wins!
    With all that being said, we are excited to show all this to you when the server resets. As was briefly referenced above, all modes will receive brand new maps to coincide with the reset, and have all been worked on and tested by our staff and build team to ensure they are as balanced as they can be. If you wish to submit maps for Minigames post-release, then make sure to apply for the Divinity Build Team!

Minigames will be resetting on Saturday, September 2nd between 8AM-9AM EST, so we hope to see you there!

Thanks,
    ~ The NemeGaming Staff Team

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. WhiteThornRose

WhiteThornRose
    Veteran

First reply means I care. AYEEE ONE IN THE CHAMBER, kill the king, snowball, parkour race, splash zone and cap the flag. My lovely range pvp game which I likey.

According to my plan.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  3. ItzYaBoiOzzie

ItzYaBoiOzzie

OMG yay!!

4. Wolff // Dolor

Wolff // Dolor
    Experienced

Ooo, this actually sounds really cool. Good job Neme ;)

5. Lily

Lily

This is going to be awesome :D I don't really play that much but I'm excited for minigames now :3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. As a minigames player I have to say the old game modes got a little boring after time and personally I think this is just what we need to spruce things up a bit and make it more interesting, can't wait for the reset! :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. CamdenM

CamdenM Staff Member Helper

Lmao Faris has been talking about a mini games update for like the last week, not too surprised. But this does actually sound quite interesting, I'm not too big on mini games but I think this will be a great update.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. WhiteThornRose

WhiteThornRose
    Veteran

Yes for me cam. This update is made for speciality to me

9. Void

Void

As a dedicated Minigamer, I'm hyped, but also, will some gamemodes be getting removed?

A lot of people don't like Payload, DTC, and Sabotage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Upper Manager

We can look into removing gamemodes based on user feedback after release.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. KingFaris10

KingFaris10
    Experienced

Oi oi. I've also added in some additional small features to make lobby/spectating more interesting. Spectators get a teleport GUI and players get a help & statistics book.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Barking

Barking
    Experienced

Oi oi Oi oi

:3

13. Murray

Murray Builder

Aye the build team worked hard glad to see it paying off :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SollertisKhan

SollertisKhan
    Experienced

• "Spleef
      • No PvP. Break the snow blocks to try and make your enemies fall off of the map. The map will slowly start breaking apart from the outside until there is only one player left, or the game ends before.
    • One in the chamber
      • Everyone is given a bow and arrow. If you hit a player with your arrow, it will instantly kill them. Receive a new arrow every 15 seconds. Last person standing, wins.
    • Snowball fight
      • Use your shovel to break snow around the map to get snowballs. Regular PvP is off, so you need to hit your enemies with the snowballs until either one player remains, or the time runs out.
    • FFA
      • Simple brawl. First to 30 kills, wins.
    • Parkour race
      • Be the first to reach the end of the course, or be the closest to the end to win."

HOLY fuck, im hyped. Sounds epic... although I am a bit sad, it seems like a hypixel or mineplex copy, moving away from the mostly vanilla pvp minigames. But whatever, they still sound amazing.

Also, I wish some of the better maps could stay, hopefully some of the new ones can contend.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 2, 2017 ---
    yee, although in some respects I like them. For the most part payload and sabotage are considered worse than other mini games.

But hey, whose to say that's bad? If a roller-coaster had only one level in height it would be boring. maybe ups and downs in a minigame mix is a good thing.

15. Murray

Murray Builder

The new maps for both of them I feel will improve gameplay greatly just wait and see ;) tbh one map in particular for sabotage is absolutely golden I'm so proud of it

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Legend

o nice... time to play minigames again... feels like late late late 2016 now

17. dangerzonepro

dangerzonepro Builder

:thinking: ;)

18. WhiteThornRose

WhiteThornRose
    Veteran

But dude Avery they have bow and other range games. Isn't that good choice?

19. LeHaterNoob

LeHaterNoob

OMG finally a reason to play on this server and rekt some noobs!

20. Void

Void

Is there an ETA on when VIP ranks will transfer?