There are players on play.neme.gg

Lets Be Real

Discussion in 'Network Discussions' started by LegoBrady0705, Jun 24, 2019.

1. LegoBrady0705

LegoBrady0705
    Experienced

is op-factions ever going to go back up? we have heard no news since april 30th when it was announced that it is shutting down, yall need to make a decision and decide whether op facs is coming back or not, and if it isnt youll refund our rank cost in cash or store credits. i understand that i havent been in the scene for too long. but i hate to see my fav server die

• Like Like x 1
  2. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Owner

We have plans for the server. There was some discussion last night with a few of the well-known OP Factions players about what we've got planned, and they're looking forward to it. We'll have more about it when we're able to commit the time.

3. LegoBrady0705

LegoBrady0705
    Experienced

sounds cool man! but i understand that some things you have talked about might be a suprise. but are there things you talked about in general that you can share with the community that will be fixed or implemented?

4. NobleProductions

In general, I want to simplify the experience a good amount. I found that after a certain point, we were just trying to add onto things far too much without ensuring the base of what we had was stable enough, which would then cause issues down the line due to it. My intention starting out is to keep it simple, start from fresh and build from there. I don't have specifics as of yet as that'll be something we need to work out when we properly commit to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. LegoBrady0705

LegoBrady0705
    Experienced

alright man sounds fucking cool. cant wait to start a new wipe!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

I’m annoying and I spam you on discord too much but I’ll forever be here to help you with anything you trust me with on factions, and I’ll be happy to give my opinions on any features :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. MustardHotdogs

MustardHotdogs
    Veteran

Look noble. Why dont you do factions like it used to be? Everyone enjoyed it that way and the server was actually active. Do it like it was done when NEME was in its peak, not like now

8. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

His pint is that they can’t right now, they don’t have the manpower, read.

9. NobleProductions

Because how it started was that people liked what we had at that time, then out of the blue to us people wanted cannons and wouldn't take no for an answer. As a result of that, among other things, the average player count started dropping in the long run because we weren't able to give that. What's funny is that OP Factions back then run on 1.10 (with combat reverted) and nobody seemed to have an issue with it, but that simply wouldn't fly today.

Saying that though, what I have planned is essentially how we started with OP Factions all the way back in 2016/17, so we're hopefully thinking of the same kind of server in that aspect. That server was simple and just worked (to an extent) as it should, so we'll see how it goes. We will be looking for feedback on it when the time comes.

10. MustardHotdogs

MustardHotdogs
    Veteran

First of all, fuck up cunt secondly, they have never had a good amount of devs, so why did it work last time?!?!

11. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

Where Connor, the guy who did factions?
    Errr

He quit because people like us sat there and slated his every movd because we’re too immature to know better. Bet you miss him now factions is gone.

Idiot.

12. MustardHotdogs

MustardHotdogs
    Veteran

See before you were here, there were 3 devs that also did it.

13. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

I was there, and those devs worked on the other servers also exclusively

14. Nyaan

Nyaan
    Veteran

You should talk to me next ;) I've certainly got some ideas. I've been waiting to share this for so long. I'm so happy the players and the management are on the same page about OP Factions now, let's bring back the glory days.

15. LegoBrady0705

LegoBrady0705
    Experienced

i was here for whenever each server had their own manager. not just a single system. i think you should go back to that @NobleProductions

• Like Like x 1
  16. Carter

Carter
    Experienced

Im very upset it is gone, pls dont remove it whatever you do!

17. DrPump

DrPump
    Veteran

We understand that it is frustrating that the server is temporarily down. But if you read all the post above this, we have no plans at this time to fully remove OP-Factions.

18. TheShortPerson

TheShortPerson Staff Member Community Manager BART ELI

Pardon me for reviving a relatively old thread, but I believe it's warranted.
    We've just created a channel on our Discord for discussion of Factions, specifically gathering community feedback as we start to create our plan for moving forward with the server. On the Discord, go to #role-assign and react to the "8" to gain access. The input of the community is greatly appreciated, as we want to create a server that people will enjoy.