There are players on play.nemegaming.com

FuriousPvP: 2 years later | January 29, 2019, 10:27 p.m. CST

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by TheShortPerson, Jan 30, 2019.

1. TheShortPerson

TheShortPerson Staff Member Sr. Mod BART ELI

For those of you that may not know me, my name is Gavin, I’m 16 years old, and I am a Senior Moderator on the network. I spend too much time in school (when the polar vortex isn’t freezing hell over) and am a really big fan of my hometown Chicago Cubs. I came to NemeGaming through the purchase of FuriousPvP in January 2017, and have stayed ever since. That purchase was exactly two years ago at the time of this post: 10:27 p.m. United States Central Standard Time on Sunday, January 29th, 2017.

As of this very minute, it has been two years since my home server closed. Two years ago at this time, when we were informed of the impending sale by a forum post titled “Thanks for everything” (https://i.imgur.com/GIoaM2H.png), we had no idea where we would be the next day. To be removed from a server that I had been a major part of for over two years and placed into what was then the unknown was difficult for me and all the staff members who came over from the purchase (and have since departed). Many of FP’s most influential community members departed upon the server being sold, or soon after because they didn’t think Neme could bring it back to the server it once was.

However, what we didn’t know at that time was that the community and staff team that would be welcoming us would be more than supportive of us and the server. In my first five months here, as some of you might recall, I ran just about every tournament that Furious would ever have. Although ultimately we had to close down FuriousPvP in June of 2017, I refused to have that force me to leave. For about a year or so after that, I jumped between all of Neme’s servers, generally playing all of them. Only in the last 6 months or so have I really gotten into OP-Factions and made that my primary server, while not neglecting the other servers.

I have been a part of this community for two years. 2 years, 730 days, 104.29 weeks, 24 months, 12.06% of my lifetime. In that time, I have become a major figure to both our community and our staff team alike. Being a part of this community for this length of time has undoubtedly had an impact on my life, and that would not be the case if it weren’t for this community and this staff team being there. Each and every person, whether I’ve interacted with you for 1 second or 1000 hours, has had some influence over my online persona as well as my real self, and there are some things that I’ve done here that I couldn’t have done anywhere else and with any other community and supportive staff team. It is for this that I thank everyone, community and staff members alike.

I don’t know what my future entails, as I’ve now started the search for a postsecondary school and graduate high school next year with the Class of 2020. However, so long as my schedule permits, I have no intentions of leaving in the near or distant future. When I first got staff on FuriousPvP in November of 2016, I didn’t envision myself staying staff for more than six months. I’ve now been staff for 26, counting pre-purchase. I can keep going.

~Gavin [TheShortPerson]
    Member of FuriousPvP: December 17, 2014 through January 29, 2017
    Staff Member - FuriousPvP: November 11, 2016 through January 29, 2017
    Member of NemeGaming: January 29, 2017 through present
    Staff Member - NemeGaming: January 30, 2017 through present
    This time one year ago: “FuriousPvP: 1 Year Later” - https://www.nemegaming.com/threads/furiouspvp-1-year-later.17964/

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. NotOkay

NotOkay Insight Team

you’re an amazing person gavin. (not) surprised you kept track of this. I remember first meeting you, feels like yesterday lol...

very proud of how far you’ve come on neme dad

xo

3. 2019-01-27_00.20.36.png

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  4. Grace_Leece

Grace_Leece
    Veteran

you can stay around longer aswell

5. loopey

loopey
    Veteran

thanks Kanye, very cool!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BabyPanda

BabyPanda
    Veteran

FuriousPvP may have gone, but I’m so grateful that I was able to meet such an intelligent, kind-hearted and interesting person like you. You never fail to fascinate me with your knowledge and approach to everything you do, and you have such a positive mindset for everything. I’m so proud of everything you’ve achieved and I’m so happy you’ve got to show people your skills. Never stop doing your thing.

I sound like I’m writing a school report but whatever ...

I will always miss FuriousPvP, but I’m glad I was able to grow and develop using people around me. I’ll never forget all of you guys, love you.

And Gavin,
    you’re amazing x

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Muted

Muted
    Veteran

Damn its been 2 years