There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Firefly Anticheat

Discussion in 'News' started by Rasturize, May 11, 2018.

1. Rasturize

Rasturize Staff Member Manager BART SAM ELI

Hey everyone,

For almost a year now, the SARAH anticheat created by Lew_ has been protecting Neme from hackers of many forms, and in general served us very well. However, the time has come for an upgrade! With this, I am pleased to announce Firefly - a cutting edge anticheat that is updated frequently to stay on the bleeding edge of detections.

As with SARAH, we won't go in-depth to explain any of our anticheat's details, but we can assure you that it does the job - and well too. It has over three times the detections that SARAH does, and all of them for specific types of cheaters. Over the past 1-2 weeks, I've been shadow testing Firefly over NemeGaming, leaving it in an alerts-only mode. Any hacker mentioned in a /ghelpop, or reported by players whatsoever was detected 5 minutes before the report came in, nearly the second the player started cheating. With this announcement, Firefly will be fully deployed to start auto banning any cheaters it detects. We have spent a long time tweaking the anticheat to suit Neme, and are very confident in its ability to detect hackers like never before on Neme.

With that said, Firefly's auto banning will be enabled as of Friday the 11th at 7AM EST.

If you have any questions about this new plugin, please don't hesitate to ask me personally, or leave a comment on this thread.

~ The NemeGaming Staff Team

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. loopey

loopey
    Veteran

Hype, it looked awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Talcs

Talcs Staff Member Sr. Mod ISAAC ELI

wasn't this the hit song from Owl City?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Wolff // Dolor

Wolff // Dolor
    Veteran

This is pretty litty titty,

5. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Forum Master

6. DrAwesome821

DrAwesome821
    Veteran

but can it dab on the hackers?

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Bryan5866

Bryan5866
    Veteran

Ahh Finally heard many good things about this Anticheat congrats something that might work unlike cannons but that can be for another day :wink:

8. Nickxz14900

Nickxz14900
    Experienced

so umm... crtl+c crtl+v fiona anti-cheat/recolored or is it like a real-coded plugin by neme developers?

9. Rasturize

Firefly is a standalone anticheat made by an external developer.

10. TC_GoldRush

TC_GoldRush
    Experienced

Goodnight SARAH, you've been here for a long time. You've been there for me, even when the staff weren't. You always helped ban the hackers, even when I felt all alone. Even when all hope was lost, you still banned 'them'. Even when you weren't working quite right, you were still there with me. Even when you false banned me, you still were there and admitted your faults. You tried your hardest SARAH, and you won't be forgotten. Firefly will never replace you, SARAH. You will never be replaced, SARAH. Goodnight SARAH, may we meet again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Bryan5866

Bryan5866
    Veteran

Who hacked your account

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The_Grind

The_Grind
    Experienced

Hopefully i wont get false banned again over 10 times. Can’t wait till the beaners are going down.

13. Estefanya

Estefanya
    Experienced

Hey Rasturize yeah i just got banned because i was doing something called firefly? (i usually use 1.11 cause i hate the 1.12 update but i changed cause i can't double click blocks to move a bunch at a time) anyways i was doing the W,A,S,D that 1.12 tells you to do then to move your mouse (the little message on the top right corner annoys me so i was doing it ) and then got kicked and was told i am banned because of 'FireFly' what is this and wtf? just trying to play and now i can't build my cactus farm or nether wart farm....

14. Henaliest

Henaliest
    Legend

The principles of Mathematics decree that any number times 0 is still 0, so 3 times 0 is still 0.

Just joking, but pretty sure this is a practice servers reputable anticheat, should be good for the network.

Also, is butterflying bannable? Are there double click flags?

15. DeadQod

DeadQod

Hello Rasturize,

This is cool that you guys make a new anti cheat but Sarah has some buggs you know that al readdy.
    Some friend of me get banned by that "bugg" it sais ussing fly when you use a tnt cannon.
    You get perm banned in once! That was really stupid but...
    Can you do a unban for all peaple that get banned for a second chanch?

That is really cool,

DeadQod

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Llilz

Llilz
    Experienced

*clap clap clap* Upgrades! yaaayyyy! hopefully noone gets false banned now xd.

17. loopey

loopey
    Veteran

You can appeal all punishments here: https://nemegaming.com/ban-appeal/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. StirlingFlurr

StirlingFlurr Insight Team

Let’s hope I don’t get banned for using an elytra.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rasturize

Double clicking is flagged, but butterfly was tested up to 16 cps with no issues.

Unfortunately no, but as Lucy said you can appeal.

• Like Like x 1