There are players on play.neme.gg

In Progress Feature Request - Remove spam protection

Discussion in 'In Progress' started by bonez950, Jul 7, 2020.

Should this feature be implemented

Poll closed Jul 21, 2020.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bonez950

bonez950

Feature's title/name?
    Remove spam protection

Where should this be implemented?
    Global

Describe the feature?
    Spam protection makes it so players cannot say the same message within a short time, so my suggestion is that it is removed.

Why should we add this feature?
    Spam protection only burdens real players who are talking in chat, it does not stop spammers. People who spam messages will do it either way and just slightly change their message so it doesnt get caught. I've seen spammers do this on a couple occasions in skyblock red so the spam protection does not do anything. For this there should be mods online who mute them because thats the only way to actually stop spam, not too big of a task especially since spamming is fairly uncommon in general. The only thing this feature affects is the normal players who cant answer "yes" to two people because its "spam". The spam protection seems to be more of a nuisance than anything else so it seems redundant to have it enabled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lyinaa

Lyinaa

I'd have to agree. we had a spammer on survival a bit ago who just did a stream of numbers and changed the last few numbers to get around this protection. This feature kinda sucks because if you're looking to buy or sell something to players and are announcing it to chat, you have to find a way to change up the message each time. This really gets annoyine when the chat is really active and you need to repeat yourself a few times to even be seen.

3. ImDerpiee

ImDerpiee
    Veteran

Definitely, this is super annoying haha.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Grimlkin

Grimlkin
    Veteran

this feature was literally added because of one person over a year ago (_syhr) and it's been annoying ever since, as said it does nothing to actually stop spammers, just annoys legit players.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. wingtale

wingtale Staff Member Sr. Mod ISAAC

Your suggestion will be reviewed and considered by our staff team. I will get back with more information at a later date regarding the progress. In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to ask here and I will be happy to assist.

6. wingtale

wingtale Staff Member Sr. Mod ISAAC

After consideration from our staff team, we have decided to move forward with your suggestion. Your suggestion will be placed in a further positioning, but is still awaiting management approval. This does not mean that your suggestion will be implemented for sure, simply that it has passed through the first stage. We thank you for your patience, if you have any further questions feel free to ask here.