There are players on play.neme.gg

1. Hey, Guest! There is currently a Summer sale running for a limited time!

Get up to 75% off at store.neme.gg!

Discord Update

Discussion in 'News' started by NobleProductions, May 8, 2019.

1. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]
    |INFORMATION
    Release date: Friday, May 10th
    Server will be mostly usable, though there may be periods where you're unable to see channels you should be able to. Bots may also become unavailable while we do our work.
    |OVERVIEW
    We'll be bringing some much-needed change to the Discord which will bring it up to what you'd expect of a Discord server today. Along with the visual changes to the server, we'll be changing how we go about announcing new features and updates, and also including new features that you'll have seen on a variety of other servers.
    |LAYOUT & CATEGORIES
    Since its inception, the Discord has received little in the way of big overhauls and has only been iterated on from there. This meant that the layout of some channels and categories weren't done the best way, which then meant that certain channels aren't where you'd expect them to be, more so especially in regards to the staff channels.

Viewing information is especially annoying due to the current setup. With this new layout, most of the categories will be receiving their own information channel about all the channels within it, or in the case of the tickets, information on how to use the ticket system.

[​IMG]
    |ANNOUNCEMENTS & NOTIFICATIONS
    As seen with our most recent announcements in the server, we're looking to reduce the amount of announcements we send with the "@everyone" tag, and will instead be introducing per-server notification roles similar to that of our events notification role. Rather than having a dedicated channel, we'll instead be tagging the role in any announcements relevant to it.

|BOTS & ENGAGEMENT

We'll be introducing new bots that'll provide a variety of features, such as a levelling system, a bunch of new chat games and reaction-based roles. This is likely to start small, but we do expect to start using more aspects of these over time.

What we'll be using each bot for:

• Dyno
      • AutoMod
      • Music
      • User verification
    • Idle Miner
      • Minecraft-themed game
    • mee6
      • Levelling system
    • NemeBot
      • Tickets
    • StatBot
      • General server and user statistics
    • yagpdb.xyz
      • Reaction-based roles
    Thank you all for reading, and we’ll see you in the next update!
    ~ NemeGaming Management ~
    Discord | Twitter

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Presten

Presten
    Experienced

Holy shit thats going to be great

3. Rasturize

Rasturize VIP

A much needed change! Great work from the whole team, especially @Grimlkin!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SlackHQ

SlackHQ
    Veteran

5. loopey

loopey
    Veteran

no

channels in the screenshot look bad, too much spam channels unneeded shit. Only 2 general voice channels, can't avoid annoying people by leaving and joining a different channel because there ARE ONLY TWO OPTIONS. #servers channel in community and then all the server channels under the category servers, not sure why there's two (please explain). Looks like those mass spam discords, changed #general chat to #offtopic, doesn't feel the same. Doesn't really feel like the same discord, changing too much might not please the community. Also, use of emojis look ugly. To conclude, this shit fucking ugly

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. xXL0rd_PvPXx

xXL0rd_PvPXx
    Experienced

no
    --- Double Post Merged, May 8, 2019 ---
    ok so heres what i think about it if their is only 2 vc's i feel you should have one for just skyblock and one for every other one so then you will have one for specified servers and 2 general chats

• Like Like x 1
  7. YoloPhroYo

YoloPhroYo
    Experienced

why fix something that isn't broken

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rasturize

Rasturize VIP

Innovation > Stagnation

EDIT:
    To address @loopey, @xXL0rd_PvPXx and others, we're open to changing anything about the setup that you like, just let us know and we'll work to accommodate everyone. I've added a few more voice channels, which seemed to be the biggest thing here.

9. DrPump

DrPump Staff Member Sr. Mod BART ELI

I think it would be cool to see a change. I think the community will really enjoy the self assigning per server roles!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. loopey

loopey
    Veteran

I like all the other features; just to be clear, I don’t like the layout though. Thanks for the update