There are players on play.neme.gg

Cobble generators

Discussion in 'Skyblock Discussion' started by TheRealScott, Apr 3, 2019.

1. TheRealScott

TheRealScott
    Experienced

What's the deal with the cobble generators? I built a bigger one hoping to get more emerald for challenges but it seems to spit out less ore and gems than my smaller one.

Are there background mechanics that I should know about before going nuts?

Scott.

2. Grace_Leece

Grace_Leece
    Veteran

Maybe the things are just falling in the lava?

3. TheRealScott

TheRealScott
    Experienced

I have a couple of tnt minecarts to prevent burning.

4. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Forum Master

i think ore thats worth a lot (emerald, diamond, gold, etc) has a lowered spawn rate to nerf autoselling (or not, maybe it has something to do with the ore generation plugin)

but what i said might be the reason why. It may seem like your smaller generator spawns the emeralds and stuff more often, but’s its sorta all the same

5. JoggyTheWizard

JoggyTheWizard
    Experienced

From what I know, it should be spitting out more/the same, if the smaller gen didn't stop outputting ores and cobble every second or two for a second, then it will be just as effective.

6. TheRealScott

TheRealScott
    Experienced

I'll have to do some more tests tonight. My preliminary tests seemed pretty conclusive though.

My original generator is only 8 or 10 blocks wide. Water over lava. All over signs above water on ice to sweep drops in to the hoppers.

My new generator is built the same except it is 1 chunk wide. I was hoping to farm in adjacent chunks so if I slide over while mining they should still grow.

So far I have seen barely any drops from my new generator.

Scott.

7. JoggyTheWizard

JoggyTheWizard
    Experienced

if i am understanding this right, then you should just stick with the 12 blocks wide or even downgrade, its going to be just as fast. and with it getting less ores, perhaps with how large it is it has some errors you dont know about, or because of how large it is some items despawn before they hit the hopper.

8. DrPump

DrPump
    Veteran

I think this is correct. The way I would view it is, the bigger the generator. The rarer the drops are. Because if you have a small generator the ores will come by slower right? If you make a bigger generator the ores will come by even faster. So they might have made it so the bigger the generator the smaller the chances are of obtaining certain ores. Just a guess.