There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Change the eco for next reset!

Discussion in 'Skyblock Discussion' started by babyplatypus19, Oct 9, 2018.

Do you agree with this idea?

1. No, I love the cycle of afk mining

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Dont care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. PLEASE CHANGE IT!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. You still play neme?

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Make some other change to the eco

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. babyplatypus19

babyplatypus19
    Veteran

Hey guys...

So I have been around for a while and one thing I have noticed is that every now and again the skyblock server gets in a cycle where for about 3-5 resets everyone makes money the same way because no other way is competitive. When I first stared playing it was the auto pumpkin farms (thanks to bobhero those are gone), next was the massive skele farms, and finally now its the afk mining. I propose that next reset we get rid of the plugin that causes ores to appear in cobble generators and see what new method of making money emerges, if for nothing else just to shake things up.

Just my thoughts, let me know what you think

2. Rasturize

Rasturize Staff Member Manager SAM BART ELI

Definitely an idea we'll explore more. I'm not a fan of AFK mining so hopefully we can see some new money makers in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Forum Master

I don’t say ores should be removed, because then it’d be harder to gain levels for island top. I do however say that autosell be nerfed, it makes way too much money if you mine on multiple accounts with the perk.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. babyplatypus19

babyplatypus19
    Veteran

The thing about is levels is that even before the plugin that added ores to cobble generators was on neme people could still get island levels. People just had to go about getting minerals a different way which is what this whole post is about, shaking up the routine that has stayed the same for too many resets. It would provide the opportunity for innovation and creativity on the server.

5. LexieLeigh

LexieLeigh Insight Team

Agreed. Not for the Island Top levels though. The OreGenerator plugin has kept new players playing at Neme because it's a simple way of getting ores. It's easier than grinding money just to buy ores.

• Like Like x 2
  6. babyplatypus19

babyplatypus19
    Veteran

@LexieLeigh @NotOkay @Rasturize

I see what you guys are saying and both have good arguments for keeping the ore plugin. What about completely overhauling the store selling prices of ores and minerals as well as heavily buffing produce/mob drobs so that new money making methods emerge, this way people that want to push for is top can afk mine and people that want to grind for the top rank can do different things, while keeping the ore plugin to get new players an easy starting ground.

• Like Like x 1
  7. marinaoat

marinaoat
    Experienced

+1 for overhauling the store

8. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Upper Manager

This is something we're actually in the process of figuring out. While we don't want to outright remove AFK mining, we want to come up with an alternative way of making money that gives you a reason to actually be there and play.

Suggestions are always welcome, but this is the best time to make those suggestions so we can shape the next reset from the get-go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rasturize

Along with making mobs more viable, making things like fishing unique and interested (and worth it) is something I'd like to work on. Fishing is pretty cool and I feel like we don't take advantage of it enough yet.

• Like Like x 2
  10. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Forum Master

autosell afk fish farm ?

11. marinaoat

marinaoat
    Experienced

Personally, pie-in-the-sky, I'd love to see a system that rewards creative builds in skyblock and encourages people to visit other islands. Something that pushes for more than just farms or giant blocks of emerald.
    Maybe voting? O visitor count rewards and visiting rewards? I'm not sure exactly. Maybe a way to set up travel circuits? I dunno.
    (I suggest this because I've noticed people tend to build boring or achieve the same ol boring things and then they get bored all by themselves)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rasturize

Island ratings/contests?

• Like Like x 2
  13. LexieLeigh

LexieLeigh Insight Team

The store has needed an overhaul for a bit yes.
    @Rasturize @NobleProductions
    I've suggested somethings to Grim, I'm not sure if she's told you them PM me if not. :)

14. BritishBear

BritishBear
    Veteran

I mean, changing the amount of accounts each person can have from the current 10 accounts per person, to something a lot more reasonable like 2 or 3 accounts per person, would most certainly encourage more people to actually play to earn instead of afking 10 accounts racking up millions within days of the reset. This is literally the worst problem we had with the eco this SB reset.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. babyplatypus19

babyplatypus19
    Veteran

Yea, the problem i have with afk mining is it takes like half and hour to build a setup with which you can just afk forever on. When it comes to afking massive pumpkin/crop farms I feel differently because a) Having 10 alts doesnt do anything b) If your willing to put in 50-100 hours of work into inventing and scaling a massive farm, then good on you.