There are players on play.neme.gg

Anonymous’s Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by MustardHotdogs, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Nismo6921

Nismo6921
    Experienced

Hello,

As a veteran staff member of Neme, let me take a moment to weigh in on this discussion. First of all @Presten I don't think we've ever met, and from what I've seen from you so far, I'm actually quite content with that. However, my name is Nismo and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Now I'm a pretty civil guy, and I also know the value of patience, you seem to have none of those qualities. You made that painfully obvious when you chose to insult an innocent ex-staff member with a term that's really only reserved for the lowest of low people to use when they are too lazy to use more intelligent terminology. But regardless I feel the need to inform you, that from my experience with Neme, I have never once seen any evidence of any member of staff being lazy, yes people make mistakes and sometimes things don't work out as intended, but they learn from those things and move on. But again, those who have helped build this network, and continue spending hours upon hours of their day, keeping it running work so hard to make sure everything that does exist on the network, works as it should. And if you had any clue what it takes to run a server, the man hours involved, the communication from everyone involved and the funding that has to come from pinching pennies and dimes, all for you to sit here and make such a nasty complaint and ultimately make yourself look foolish. You would realize that even with all of that, they are still trying to deliver the players with a fun, enjoyable environment that everyone can enjoy. Now please understand, things take time to refine and get polished, so that when new things do show up, or stuff does get revived, it all works as intended and not broken. You wouldn't want to see something you love make a comeback, and find out that half of the features you expect to be there aren't working right? No, of course not. So I strongly suggest you take a breather, take a moment to reflect on how ridiculous you sound when you're ranting off about this, and try you're very best to be a bit more patient, and respectful of this situation, and the people involved, cause they do care.

Thank you,
    Nismo

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MustardHotdogs

MustardHotdogs
    Veteran

Honestly hes right. They dont seem like they're doing much in terms of trying to revive. They're just putting out deals on the store to get more money

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vienna

Vienna
    Experienced

This thread is going nowhere. You and Presten are disregarding what we are saying and basically make every single attempt to "diss" Neme instead of making useful suggestions. If you don't have anything important to add, then don't comment on this thread.

4. Shellshocker

Shellshocker
    Experienced

Yeah i know it can't happen in a snap but fractions has been down for 6 months and that's way to long
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 5, 2019 ---
    I'm not going to lie I've never ever insulted staff memebers before this is the only server I've ever done it on
    Because 2 of them once made fun of me, now i would of submitted a staff report but at the time i did not know what that was. I would be nice but making fun of my hobbie and my pvp skills??? Why would i be nice

5. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Forum Master

well i mean, it’s not hard to diss the server...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MustardHotdogs

MustardHotdogs
    Veteran

I've made multiple posts on what they should do but obviously they arent. If we cant ridicule an obviously terrible management team then the server will die, oh wait it already has

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Shellshocker

Shellshocker
    Experienced

Exactly

8. BritishBear

BritishBear
    Veteran

If ya'll did a bit of digging you'll see some of the management team here are doing things on another server called minesuperior, rather than focus on their already dying server, which is very clearly in dire need of attention, it's quite popular so not surprised if anyone has heard of it.

Let's be real here because anyone with a functioning brain will spot it straight away. Neme is done, the staff/management (not all staff before some of you get pissy because i know what some of you are like) clearly don't give a shit because we've had no actual update on the situation with neme in literal months (since july when skyblock reset), no updates to the servers, no updates on the forums, i mean damn all the bloody month in reviews and shit are months late and even then you'll find an admin has had to do them. It's only really a matter of time before they decide to just shut it down and go elsewhere or the more likelier option, a merge to happen. Which in all honesty i'm all for a merge because looking at previous resets, it's seems to have been a struggle to keep player counts up.

Neme essentially may as well just be a money grab before either of those options happen because clearly they're not doing anything else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Shellshocker

Shellshocker
    Experienced

Will ranks be transferred Atleast

10. BritishBear

BritishBear
    Veteran

Honestly i can't even answer that. I'm as clueless as everyone else in this situation i'm just trying to put 2 and 2 together. From my understanding minesuperior has a ton of different ranks and servers, some ranging up to $1000 (they seem to have a permanent sale so rn it's only like $50), so i imagine it would be difficult to dish out ranks in the event of a merge, if anything they'd just hand out gift cards of the values you've donated. Though saying that, there's nothing forcing them to actually give you anything if this happens.

11. Shellshocker

Shellshocker
    Experienced

Omfg mine superior is awesome screw this place I'm out of here

12. marinaoat

marinaoat
    Experienced

(Bear, that is a real eye-opener, and may explain quite a bit.)
    sigh
    I guess all we can do is hope for the best.

13. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Staff Member Owner

A couple of us working at another network doesn't mean anything in regards to what's been going on at Neme.
    I'll get into why things have been the way they have recently in a few.
    So as I'm sure most are aware, the network isn't in a good place, and clearly isn't doing as well as it used to. I don't know how many know this, but this was both @nedthefed and I's full-time job. Obviously, with the server in this state, that wasn't possible to maintain, and thus, we work with another much bigger network to compensate for that. If you genuinely believe that I'm keeping Neme open just to milk it for what it's worth, you're clearly not aware that I haven't taken a penny from Neme for several months now. I've kept it open because, just like others here, we are aware that this network can do and be better when it's given the proper resources. As hard as it is to believe, we haven't given up on Neme.

@BritishBear, considering you were insights, I find it completely disingenuous that you'd completely neglect to mention that we came to you guys many times about suggestions and ideas that you may have had for the server, or if an idea we had would be good for it.

As for the lack of updates recently, @nedthefed and I were away in America for the entirety of August and part of September. This was planned and booked months prior to this, so it's not as if we simply decided to abandon the server when things started getting bad. When we got back, we had to finish up our project for another server which was just released this past Saturday, meaning our time is now freed up a good amount.

In regards to the rest of the thread, I'm all in favour of revamping the network. It's needed it for a long time, especially when it comes to the maintenance of some servers. I don't expect many of you in here to care very much about it nowadays, but that's the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shellshocker

Shellshocker
    Experienced

Wooooow the truth and reason finally comes out. I never expected this thank you nobble for not leaving us

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  15. marinaoat

marinaoat
    Experienced

1) Thank you Noble . I'm relieved, it sounds like there aren't plans to dissolve Neme.
    The last thing I want, and I'm sure the last thing the vast majority of us want, is to see Neme fall away.
    I'd MUCH prefer you two be able to support yourselves with Neme. I'm sorry that has been a challenge lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2) For me, you @NobleProductions and @nedthefed , tho I don't KNOW you personally, are the reason I've had a home to play minecraft alongside others for years. What you do means a lot. I've been quietly (mostly) in the background of the community since 2013, I hope you believe me when I say, you do this better than any other server I've ever played on (I've explored so many, but this is always home).

A gentle observation: communication costs very little (setting expectations, not being quite so mysterious).
    Effective communication can prevent a lot of negative junk.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    3) As for ideas: I don't claim to have original ideas, but I think these have nuggets of potential? Maybe?
    - RL CRAFT: have you given thought to how a "rl craft" type server might be implemented? that is very big these days
    (on a rlcraft server lives are fleeting. how about a modest monthly sub for unlimited lives else a temp ban after some number like 3 deaths?)

- TEST SERVER: what if there were a test server guaranteed to be unreliable, frequently down, and blown away at any moment, but is used in developing actual server resets or new servers and is available for players to participate in finding the problems and helping make for solid resets? People are more invested in things they have a hand in making. Plus, having a preview of new upcoming changes can be a bonus for folks preparing for the real thing. I think psychologically, I'd be more willing to try new types of servers if i knew it was just testing. Maybe even an added bonus: a tag for particularly helpful bug finding or economy busters.

- VOTES: voting for the server should be a good thing: this may be outdated, but last I redeemed vote rewards, they weren't worth the time it took to redeem them. A chore. I felt like I was just accumulating junk and taking a long time to do it. Rewards can be creative and not break the economy. even silly rewards would be better. (also, i think the item fountains seemed like a good idea at first, but are just a hassle in practice)

- VIDEO AND MUTUAL PROMOTION: how about a focus on encouraging players to upload videos or stream neme play? does Neme have a youtube channel that could highlight players who put up videos or twitch? Does neme have a twitch account? Wouldn't it be cool to give players the opportunity to be a part of a Neme twitch team -- supporting each other?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I don't mean to give crazy wordy unsolicited advice. I'm sorry.
    I still love my home on Neme. I just don't know how to help. I'm not an expert on minecraft server promotion and I'm not a millionaire.

Does anyone agree with anything I'm expressing here?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. MustardHotdogs

MustardHotdogs
    Veteran

Now one part of this is that you're getting busy with other servers and have no time left for Nemegaming. What is the point of keeping it open if there no playerbase? Wouldnt that just cost you money? And it wont cost you effort as almost every staff member is never on and doesnt put any effort back in. Stop focusing on other servers and fix this one. You either fix it or close it and compensate our ranks on that new server you're doing stuff with, doesnt that sound the least bit fair?

17. Nyaan

Nyaan
    Veteran

MERGE WITH DESTERIA BOYS LETS GO

honestly i’d be much happier with this than watching neme just die further and further. As Noble said this is his and ned’s full time job, whatever led neme up to dying as a network isn’t anything we need to worry about anymore if we get a merge. I think I’m starting to warm up to this idea. I don’t know if it’s possible but Desteria when I played on the Caden realm I felt the closest thing to old neme.

Or you know the bigger network, just please don’t fuck the factions players that’s all I ask.

18. therealgs_

therealgs_
    Veteran

First of all, Noble said they are working on the other server to compensate for Neme and Noble and Ned were actually on a trip together for all of August and some of September. Also, who said there is no player base? I know if they reset skyblock and survival today 50+ people would be on right away. Next, the reason they are working on another network to make money for Neme. Third staff is always on discord and they are on servers, but in /v. I don't even think you read a thing Noble said because he literally just said now they will start working on the server as they are back from vacation. Finally, there is no new server.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  19. BritishBear

BritishBear
    Veteran

This is exactly why so many of us are being so negative lately. Neme used to be great, we had updates rolling out, we had threads updating us on what's going, reviews that were on time. It genuinely looked like the staff cared, and they did. Then just out of the blue you vanish on vacation nobody knew about, so here we are expecting updates but you're not even here. (I'm all for having a vacation because you do need time away here and there so don't get me wrong). Then the month in reviews don't get posted. No updates no news no sign of you or other high up staff members, nothing, what do you expect us to think? But come on, it takes 5 minutes of your day to update your community here and there on what the plan is, like literally "hey guys I'm on vacation for little over a month so don't expect anything big for a short while". People have pumped hundreds, some thousands of dollars into this server,i myself, because like I said it was an amazing server to play on, even though I'm banned for duping it just sucks to see the server in the state it's been in the past few months, I feel the community deserves to know what plans you have with the server.

Yes I was insight and yes they did come to us for help. But that "privilege" if you would, slowly drifted away. Updates and changes started happening that we were completely unaware of. So not only we were unable to help with the best options for them, we also had no clue how to help other players navigate or use these features.

I don't know about anyone else but if you need to help another server in order to compensate, what I imagine is the lack of funds neme is bringing in, then how long is it going to be before either neme starts bringing in more money, or neme is so far down that keeping the server running just isn't viable anymore?

Also @Therealgs_ resettling skyblock just for players doesn't work. Yeah you get 50+ people the first few weeks but that very quickly dies down as we've seen happen the past 2 maybe 3 resets now. There needs to be monthly updates or mid reset updates that brings in a ton of new features, to then encourage people to play longer than a few weeks.

All everyone wants to see is some concrete evidence that you do care about neme, you are working on updates and that there are plans for nemes situation. Not just a "yeah we're working on stuff but I can't tell you what they are yet", because this is all we've been seeking from numerous staff members. Tell us what's actually happening so we can be hyped about the future, rather than losing what hope is left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. branny00

branny00 Staff Member Community Manager

As you have seen lately, I have posted the month in review that were missing, I apologize that they were so late and I will be working to get them out every month on time as soon as possible which could be the first or could be the second. I only took over the MIR posts the day I posted them all.

• Like Like x 2