There are players on play.nemegaming.com

AFK Mining Changes

Discussion in 'Skyblock Discussion' started by Gaurav1234, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Gaurav1234

Gaurav1234 Staff Member Owner

Hey guys,

You all probably noticed how our Skyblock has sorta exploded recently, and we reach almost 200 players on weekends. While this is awesome, it's also caused some lag problems at peak times, a large part of which are caused by a ton of AFK mining. I'm very against setting a player cap or kicking AFK players, because it discourages you guys from playing and AFK mining (which is a big part of our Skyblock). So, the best option to mitigate lag right now is to slow down AFK mining more when the server is lagging.

Ever since the new mining system we added 2 resets ago, AFK mining has always been half the speed of normal mining for this reason, but we're going to have to change this. We're going to make it fair, though -- during off-peak hours, when there's not many people online (like at night), AFK mining will be about the same speed as regular mining. Since most of the time we're in off-peak hours, this will even out. I've done the math myself, and if you were to keep an AFK mining account online for a whole day, you'd actually get slightly more minerals on the new system than you would have on the old system. The reason I'm making an announcement about it is to make everyone aware, in case you guys check your AFK mining account during the day at peak time and notice that the blocks take longer than normal to replace, you know what's going on.

tl;dr We're changing how AFK mining works a bit to prevent lag during peak time, but overall you should be getting the same outputs as before (if not, more).

That's all! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask below.

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Henaliest

Henaliest Staff Member Helper

Seems cool. No1 can argue with free shit and less lag :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LucidMusic

LucidMusic
    Experienced

True

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Legend

Afk mining on saturday’s will be very slow... but it’s still a good addition to get the cranky people to shush for a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Goldonen

Goldonen

Helloo,
    I am wondering what is causing the double drops to spawn when using /autosell, Last reset this wasnt a problem at all but this one idk why but when i turn on my autosell there is still some drops...

is it a problem with mcmmo double drops...

6. JamesBoxers

JamesBoxers

It is more than likely caused by mcmmo double drops, but from what I've gathered, the amount of what's dropped is extremely low compared to non-autosell mining. There's no cobble dropped all together when auto mining is enabled, and the ores drop at something like 10% of what typically gets dropped. It's not a huge advantage, even mining overnight with autosell I only generated enough diamonds to make 1 1/2 stacks of blocks, typical regular overnight mining gets me about 25 stacks of diamond blocks. I like it though, gives me a little something to use when I'm done mining.

7. Gaurav1234

We're working on this -- it's a weird issue caused by the update

8. Gaurav1234

Yeah, this is more of a temporary solution -- we're working on a long-term solution that I can't really talk about right now, but the addition of this system will mean that Skyblock can sustain 750+ players with no lag at all. It'll be really expensive, but definitely worth it

• Like Like x 1
  9. JamesBoxers

JamesBoxers

Hope it doesn't end up like the instantly-replace-all-ores update that happened that one time. Talk about a fountain of resources. Good luck on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Goldonen

Goldonen

Gaurav Spending money xD

And for the double drops problem is it caused by the mcmmo levels...