There are players on play.nemegaming.com

Addressing the new KitPvp update-

Discussion in 'KitPvP Discussion' started by wudderman, Aug 11, 2017.

What do you think about the new KitPvp update, and do you prefer the old or new one?

1. I prefer the new update, it's better than the old one.

33.3%
  2. I prefer the old kits, bring it back!

61.9%
  3. I don't know or care, I just go with the flow :)

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wudderman

wudderman

So, what's up with this new update?
    Nemegaming has recently updated their game mode 'KitPvp' with new a map and kits to choose. Sounds good, right? I mean, new kits and a new map seems cool and refreshing to keep the community entertained. However, the community (including me) is unhappy with the new update to kits.

The good things that came with the update that I love.
    -Coloured name tags for donors.
    -The detail and effort in the new map.
    -The spawn is awesome.
    -The kit selector is more organised.
    -More kits to play around with so it ain't just butcher for sword players.

The bad things that came with the update that I hate.
    -The size of the new map.
    -The fact how you have to pay for kits with in-game money.
    -Kit cool downs.
    -Kits are single use (which I hate the most)
    -The map is a giant forest (No variety in environment)
    -The lagggggg (which has probably been addressed before you have seen this post)
    -The unfair gameplay with the kits you pay for with in-game money (E.g. someone with a paid kit could easily kill someone who has more skill than them if they aren't using a paid kit).
    -Map is unfair towards low budget gamers.

What you could do to make us happy.
    -
    Take away cool-down on the kits.
    -Take away the in-game payment for the kits.
    -Make the map less open.
    -Make the map more friendly towards low-budget gamers.
    -Add another game mode with the old map and kits, e.g.'Classic KitPvp'.

Conclusion

I can see how much effort went into this update, and it's impressive. However, I don't think that it's that hard to please us by creating another game mode like 'Classic kits' for us old timers and people who don't like the new map :)

Thank you for taking your time to read my post.
    -Wudder

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. WhiteThornRose

WhiteThornRose
    Veteran

Be grateful what you get. The server just got resseted. You all barely experiencing the equality of pvp. Forget donor kits dude, focus more than movement pvp then jump critting. I can just get on there to kits and 14 mins I know how to control my areas and awol. Just play the map for couple weeks dude, there's no down side in this map. The map is bumpy so there's a reason to parkour at this state and timing your hits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. YoloPhroYo

YoloPhroYo

10/10 agree, I want to keep the old style of kits. The way kits works now is just complicated for no reason. Also they stole butcher class from us (rage). Cool downs are dumb and in game payments are just wack. However I also like the new menu for choosing a class. I feel if you paid for obsidian rank or any rank, that you should be able to use those kits without Cool down. After all we paid for it based on what it was. If i didn't buy obsidian and saw this update, I would keep my money. Great post.

EDIT: They have made a lot of things better in order to improve the quality of kits. Thx :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. wudderman

wudderman

Cheers thanks for the support!

5. Kahuno

Kahuno Staff Member Half Moderator

I agree somewhat, I agree that the payed for kits with ig money should be gone, but it's not too big of an issue. I myself haven't played too much because I'm not at my actual computer so my opinion isn't too relevant, but when I get home I'll speak more of my opinions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Trip

Trip
    Experienced

I personally think kits should be purchased with in game money and not irl money. Get cash every kill.

It's a lot more fair this way as everyone has a chance.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. loopey

loopey
    Veteran

new update is yuck lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rasturize

Rasturize Staff Member Manager BART SAM

I'll go through and see if I can address some of these for you :)

-The size of the new map. This map is actually smaller than the old one, it's just laid out to be more open
    -The fact how you have to pay for kits with in-game money. This was done to balance out using the high power kits, there's still lots of kits that are always free
    -Kit cool downs. See above answer
    -Kits are single use (which I hate the most) Same answer again as above
    -The lagggggg No lag server side at all from me checking, may have just been a short issue
    -The unfair gameplay with the kits you pay for with in-game money Rank kits have that cooldown to make this fair, so yes, someone who donates will have an advantage, but they can only use it every so often.
    -Map is unfair towards low budget gamers. I assume you mean rendering. Not really? There's only one thing that would cause lag, would be glass, which is very minimal in terms of depth. Just turn down your render distance?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Henaliest

Henaliest Staff Member Helper

mate u bowspam idk what shit ur smoking, not being mean, but come on man, if your going to comment on something please make it something you have experience on. All of this man's points are valid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SollertisKhan

SollertisKhan
    Experienced

either way, his point is its hard to get to people, it takers longer i think. I personally like the space, it prevents total cleanups and u can run away. But the map causes alot more lag, there is not doubt about that, its not something you can argue. im sure a majority of people who played the previous map, will have a significant drop in frames on
    still like it tho

11. NotOkay

NotOkay
    Legend

Yeah, the update is different.

But it's better than the last map. No more terrible pvpers thinking they're the shit with crit spamming, and op kits that used to two shot nondonor kits. Although, the knight kit DOES three shot the Obsidian V kit, which really needs to be fixed.

Overall, the update is perfect. I enjoy it... some of it..
    I would say however, if you don't like the server, leave.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SollertisKhan

SollertisKhan
    Experienced

NO, you leave

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kahuno

Kahuno Staff Member Half Moderator

Thanks for clearing this stuff up <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. ZutAlors

ZutAlors

I and a few others are getting a lot of lag in kitpvp and other servers on neme too, is this a known issue?

15. SollertisKhan

SollertisKhan
    Experienced

perhaps its ur pc

16. ZutAlors

ZutAlors

Not getting any lag in terms of FPS, getting lag in terms of lag spike and hit detection etc.

17. SollertisKhan

SollertisKhan
    Experienced

maybe its ur internet

18. ZutAlors

ZutAlors

Every single other server is fine, internet is normal for everything else.

19. SollertisKhan

SollertisKhan
    Experienced

maybe its ur location to the server

Most people dont have ur problem

20. nedthefed

nedthefed Staff Member Staff Manager Manager

Donor's will have two variants of kit for their rank:
    No cool down version with a small buff over default kits.
    Cool down version with a reasonable buff over other kits.

Kits that are one-time-use will have their prices cut down to be more accessible, allowing players to counter donors.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.